Food truck on Quantum

Shawn

Help me out here Shawn -- I can't find the source! Saw it this afternoon after your original post but don't remember where?

Found it--use google search; Quantum of the Seas Food Truck. Return gives you a Cruise Critic Quantum Review. It,s mentioned in the description of Seaplex sporting & entertainment venue, Deck 15.

• 2 months later...

I read that there will be the "first food truck at sea" on the second level of SeaPlex.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?shipID=705&CFID=234936468&CFTOKEN=447d6e959af1d537-8FC5382A-A744-9452-D83472315E1CC64A

Dining in general on Quantum is going to be...different.  Royal would neither confirm nor deny when I asked about rumor of them removing the main dining room on Quantum.  You can draw your own conclusions but my takeaway is dining will be vastly different than it is now.

Dining in general on Quantum is going to be...different.  Royal would neither confirm nor deny when I asked about rumor of them removing the main dining room on Quantum.  You can draw your own conclusions but my takeaway is dining will be vastly different than it is now.

I will agree with you. Do you think Quantum Class will reflect the style of Celebrity Solstice class? Richard Fain called the features "sexy". I can't say existing Royal Caribbean ships have any sexy features. The exterior of Quantum looks similar to Solstice, in my opinion. Also the retail layout looks similar to the boulevard of shops on Solstice class. It looks as though there is a 2 story main dining room, but maybe these will be more like individual restaurants and have a rotational dining theme with other restaurants onboard?

Wow! Maybe no main dining?! Rotational dining would be interesting and fun, but I would definitely miss the experience of the main dining room.

If it was rotational dining, I'd hope the wait staff would "follow you" from restaurant to restaurant like they do on Disney Cruise Line.

Based on nothing but my gut feeling, I don't think it will be a change to rotational.  I'm imagining all the restaurants being similar in nature to specialty restaurants, with some costing extra and some complimentary and you book them in the same way you book a land restaurant.

Yeah I would hope they follow you too. It would be nice to try. It seems like that is the model Norwegian started. I was curious of their exterior promenade deck that they were doing on a newer ship with some of the restaurants having exterior seating if I remember right. Though I would still prefer the traditional dining most nights.

Whatever the dining options are going to be it must be good otherwise they would have already spilled the beans by now. From the deck plans, it looks as though there could be a 2 story main dining room, but who knows. So much is "more to come" you can't really tell. 

• 5 weeks later...

What does everyone think of the food truck's menu concept? I had hoped for more. I Like hot dogs, but had hoped for maybe a little more offerings such as a Mexican flare. Maybe they could have done a food truck and a food cart for the area with hot dogs being from the cart?

What does everyone think of the food truck's menu concept? I had hoped for more. I Like hot dogs, but had hoped for maybe a little more offerings such as a Mexican flare. Maybe they could have done a food truck and a food cart for the area with hot dogs being from the cart?

Let's just say I'm not booking Quantum for the food truck :)

It's fine, probably not as impressive as I had hoped for but it is a "plussed" version of the hot dog cart on Allure so there's something.

I don't have too much of an opinion of the "food truck" on Quantum of the Seas, but I will say that it's likely to be far better than what they had on Independence of the Seas. There, they offered "Boardwalk Hot Dogs" at the Squeeze Bar in the early afternoons on at-sea days. I tried one shortly before they closed it down at 3 PM one afternoon and it was horrible! The hot dog itself was unpleasant, but what surprised me was that the bun was rock hard.

I would imagine that at a dedicated venue like the "food truck", they'd be able to keep their stock fresh during opening hours rather than at a makeshift location like the Squeeze Bar.