3 Points needed to become a Diamond member

ericreev

I would be happy if only 3 points away....if you have spent this much time and money cruising with RCI, you might as well book a cheap 3nighter and get your diamond status.

That's when and where the real perks are imho.

I just hit platinum, will hit emerald after the next 3 cruises I have booked.....at which point I will be 24 points away from Diamond so I am considering doing a long cruise solo to get there in one more cruise or book a suite and get 3 points/night...whatever is going to be cheaper and get me there quicker.

Even if they make changes to the C&A program, those that are already at the diamond level I think would be "grandfathered" in or get to keep their current level of status and perks. Its those just starting or joining I think that would really see the difference if they are to change the qualifications.

I have the same concerns as I'll reach Diamond in July. I really hope Royal doesn't screw that up as they made wholesale changes to the program right after I reached Platinum last time. And while I was grandfathered in, I did lose perks that I previously had as they moved them into Emerald.

With the changes at Royal, should i be optimistic, excited, or indifferent for the coming year?

I have a "que sera sera" approach to the whole C&A benefits thing.

I'm 1 point away from Diamond and I cannot wait to hit diamond for those rewards, but I also do not cruise purely because of the C&A rewards.  

It's certainly nice to have good rewards, like free drinks, increased discounts, etc, but at the end of the day, I'm cruising RC because I find it quite enjoyable and a good value.

Just my two cents.

I have a "que sera sera" approach to the whole C&A benefits thing.

I'm 1 point away from Diamond and I cannot wait to hit diamond for those rewards, but I also do not cruise purely because of the C&A rewards.  

It's certainly nice to have good rewards, like free drinks, increased discounts, etc, but at the end of the day, I'm cruising RC because I find it quite enjoyable and a good value.

Just my two cents.

While I do agree and that's why I've sampled a number of cruise lines before coming back to Royal, it can be frustrating when you're nearing a finish line and the mob it right before you get there or change the half marathon to a full marathon just as your reach the mile 13 marker.

While I do agree and that's why I've sampled a number of cruise lines before coming back to Royal, it can be frustrating when you're nearing a finish line and the mob it right before you get there or change the half marathon to a full marathon just as your reach the mile 13 marker.

I get that and I would be disappointed if the points system changed tomorrow, but I'm going to worry about it either.  To me, it's about the onboard experience, first and foremost.  Anything I get from C&A is icing on the cake.

I recommend that if you are close to moving up to the next level, go ahead and book the cruise (or cruises) that would push you over.  Then, if they move the goal posts on you (which happened to me when I was about to make Diamond), you have a strong case for asking them to grandfather you in.  The last time they made the big shuffle, I had all of the cruises booked that would have resulted in me being Diamond and they were very gracious about bestowing Diamond to me when I finished the last of 3 cruises that would have pushed me up.

They know that when they change the rules on you, they end up with very unhappy loyal customers so they will do whatever they can to make it right....at least, they did in my case a few years ago.  While I have heard LOTS of rumors, I have heard nothing official from RCI about making changes to the C&A levels.

I just came back from a 5 night on Independence that stopped in jamaica and haiti. Now i need only 3 points to become a Diamond member. With the changes at Royal, should i be optimistic, excited, or indifferent for the coming year?

Id get in and do a shorty to get your points up.. Gossip was rife about changes to the point structure in January/February amongst crew and passengers on our recent cruise and Id be keen to get to Diamond prior to that happening.