Todays RCL Cruise Planner Blunder

• 2 weeks later...
Guest toodle68

Remember when they did the big upgrade and to explain the issues and removal of functions they said they were going agile etc..  well, how long since they did that? and they still have no compare feature, no way to see balance/what you have paid, the scroll down of the itinerary is awful and they removed all the maps.. and my C&A points were wrong for months.  I sometimes visit other cruise line websites and just marvel at basic functionally that RC does not have..

On 5/17/2019 at 5:36 AM, marti314 said:

It always seems to be something......  Being in the software business I wonder if RCL has the QA phase before they roll stuff into production.

Cruise departs in 1 day, 79 days from now.

1711145350_ScreenShot2019-05-17at7_33_34AM.thumb.png.39886dafbb53c0a5b12fcf485be45a3d.png

Seems the customer's are the QA department. I've had to email them about web issues for my trip. Probably saves them a fortune because so many will just put up with the issues.

2 hours ago, goblues38 said:

As a QA professional.....I blame lazy developers who don't unit test..but that's just me ?

oh wait, developers are supposed to test before production?  ?    they only have to test it IF someone complains that something doesn't work.

2 hours ago, goblues38 said:

As a QA professional.....I blame lazy developers who don't unit test..but that's just me ?

47 minutes ago, TheHobbys said:

oh wait, developers are supposed to test before production?  ?    they only have to test it IF someone complains that something doesn't work.

As a developer, I can tell you unintended consequences are a "feature" 

Its not a bug, its a feature!  

I honestly believe its due to not having a test environment that they can test deployments of changes to the cruise planner prior to deployment. 

And anyone in software development/programming can tell you, testing in the live environment is the LAST thing you want.  Because if it can go wrong, it will go wrong, and it will go wrong spectacularly.  

5 hours ago, goblues38 said:

3 hours ago, TheHobbys said:

3 hours ago, Matt said:

As a developer, I can tell you unintended consequences are a "feature" 

As a developer who's gotten religion about writing unit tests and getting 100% coverage, and found that while it catches bugs in what the business and functional requirements documented but not all the edge or corner cases, I'm going to go with @Matt's assessment. ? 

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

As a developer who's gotten religion about writing unit tests and getting 100% coverage, and found that while it catches bugs in what the business and functional requirements documented but not all the edge or corner cases, I'm going to go with @Matt's assessment. ? 

What?? Joe, you're getting way to techie  with your posts. :3_grin: