Voom and WiFi calling.

Hey everyone. I’m sailing on Enchantment later this summer. I have an iPhone XS and Sprint. I’m getting the higher Voom plan. Sprint does support WiFi calling. Has anyone had experience with using WiFi calling? Also does iMessage work pretty well? We’re leaving the kids with the grandparents and want to be able to talk with them and even possibly FaceTime if we can. 

16 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

No clue about enchantment but we have used wifi calling, FaceTime, and iMessage on Allure, Harmony, Anthem, Mariner, and Independence and it worked fine on all of them with Voom Surf & Stream.

Maybe a silly question, but wifi calling is new to us. If logged in VOOM Surf & Stream, can we just "dial out" as we would here, or do we need to log in to an app first. We happen to be on Android.

Also @Lovetocruise2002 CONGRATS ON BREAKING 5000 REACTIONS! (Sorry if I was little late noticing that).

10 hours ago, Skid said:

Maybe a silly question, but wifi calling is new to us. If logged in VOOM Surf & Stream, can we just "dial out" as we would here, or do we need to log in to an app first. We happen to be on Android.

With Wifi calling enabled you will just dial out as you would normally.  If you want to test this at home on your Wifi just put your phone into airplane mode and then connect to Wifi.  Make sure that Wifi Calling is turned on in your settings and then once it's turned on test the calling out feature.

13 hours ago, spursfreak21 said:

Hey everyone. I’m sailing on Enchantment later this summer. I have an iPhone XS and Sprint. I’m getting the higher Voom plan. Sprint does support WiFi calling. Has anyone had experience with using WiFi calling? Also does iMessage work pretty well? We’re leaving the kids with the grandparents and want to be able to talk with them and even possibly FaceTime if we can. 

We have used WiFi calling (AT&T) using VOOM on the Oasis and Radiance.  It worked great.  We could use our phones perfectly including FaceTime.  Just make sure that you have WiFi calling turned on before you start your cruise.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:31 PM, Skid said:

Also @Lovetocruise2002 CONGRATS ON BREAKING 5000 REACTIONS! (Sorry if I was little late noticing that).

It needs to be set up prior to boarding on Wi-Fi so that you can set an address for dialing 911.  Afterwards, turn on airplane mode to test it out and you'll be good to go for your sailing.