Cozumel, Grand Cayman

Yo2slick

Hey everyone, I was looking in my Cruise Planner and noticed there are several dolphin swims and encounters in both locations.  Is one typically better than another or all pretty close to the same thing?

First time cruising and in this area of the world so we are not familiar with any of this.  Thanks!

I've been to the dolphin swim in Cozumel at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel; it was fun to a point. You are with a group of people and your actual time with the dolphin is short. Enough for them to get pictures to try and sale to you later.  I think once you do a dolphin swim you pretty much have done them all as I am pretty sure I wouldn't ever do it again. It is up to want you want to do. Cozumel has a lot to do...my last trip, three weeks ago now, I went to Nachi Cocom and had a blast. A very nice beach with lots to do and I will go there again.

If this trip is with children the dolphin swim would be fun for one time then do something else. I haven't been to Grand Cayman for a while so I can'y comment on that. I will be back there in 2021.

On 5/21/2019 at 7:31 AM, coneyraven said:

This past April, we did the Turtle Farm and Stingray City .... had an awesome time, but as @monctonguy said, you run the risk because it is a tender port.... that's why we def. booked through RC -- this way, if we couldn't make it, the refund would be instant.

I was just about to ask what happens if you arent able to make it.  I am planning to book excursions through RC anyway so that works out great.  Thank you all for the replies!

14 hours ago, Yo2slick said:

I was just about to ask what happens if you arent able to make it.  I am planning to book excursions through RC anyway so that works out great.  Thank you all for the replies!

Yes, in fact, to give you another example, in 2017, we went to Bermuda, but because of Hurricane Jose churning out in the Atlantic,  our sailing excursion was canceled, the refund showed up on our bill (folio) instantly, in which we were able to apply to our replacement excursion instantly..... easy peasy.