Bringing Hydro Flask bottles

skh

5 minutes ago, skh said:

Do you know if Hydro Flask type bottles are allowed to be used on board for non purchased water, tea, etc?  If so....are they easily fillable?  

Yes, they are allowed, I carry a similar bottle every where we go. The rule is you cannot full them directly out of the spout of one of the water jugs. Royal has plastic cups directly next to the water, so you fill the cup up and then dump it in your water bottle. 

If an employee see's you filling it directly they will politely ask you not to do that. 

20 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Yes, they are allowed, I carry a similar bottle every where we go. The rule is you cannot full them directly out of the spout of one of the water jugs. Royal has plastic cups directly next to the water, so you fill the cup up and then dump it in your water bottle. 

If an employee see's you filling it directly they will politely ask you not to do that. 

Actually, you can fill it directly as long as the "spout" clearly doesn't touch the mouth of the bottle. This is what the employee will look for. I do it all the time and have no issues in the many years of cruising.

14 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

Actually, you can fill it directly as long as the "spout" clearly doesn't touch the mouth of the bottle. This is what the employee will look for. I do it all the time and have no issues in the many years of cruising.

I did the same thing before and received sideways glances from the bartender in the Solarium, so I just used a cup, no sideways glances after that.

1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

I did the same thing before and received sideways glances from the bartender in the Solarium, so I just used a cup, no sideways glances after that.

Had the same issue, except it was more than a glance.  Once they saw me using the cups provided to dump ice as well as the water in my Yeti all was forgiven.