Photo Package: All Digital question

So, I have booked two adjoining rooms for my upcoming cruise and am interested in purchasing the digital photo package.  However, the description in the Cruise Planner says that "one package covers all guests in your stateroom."  Since we are split into two staterooms, surely we don't have to purchase two photo packages, do we?  Can't I just purchase the one and have that cover my whole family, even though we are in two rooms?

1 hour ago, JerseyJoe said:

I was told that if I had children in one of the rooms, the rooms could be linked and we could buy one package. I spoke with the guy at the photo gallery where you view your photos and he was able to do it for me in about a minute.

We're in the same situation (family split into two staterooms) ...so, @JerseyJoe do you know if we could do the linking of staterooms online while buying the package through the planner, or should we wait until we are on board?

@QuiqueCorleone  I can't answer this, but my assumption would be that to link to another stateroom, it would be like dinner reservations, you will need to know their reservation number.

I will also say that when we were on Anthem you go to a kiosk.  They have RCCL personnel to assist.  We traveled in a group of 5 cabins.  None of us purchased the package.  What was amazing was that there were some photos tagged to my cabin, and some to others in our group.  One shot was all of the girls on formal night at dinner.  That was tagged to my cabin.  They than did a guys only, and that was tagged to my brothers cabin.  Nobody else in our group saw those pics.   Just an FYI.

5 hours ago, QuiqueCorleone said:

We're in the same situation (family split into two staterooms) ...so, @JerseyJoe do you know if we could do the linking of staterooms online while buying the package through the planner, or should we wait until we are on board?

There is a button on the Cruise Planner to link cruises. I also believe when making reservations it also allows you to link others.

I don't think you can link it yourself. I had to call Royal Caribbean to link our 2 rooms for dinner reservations. But that didn't link them for other things. When I purchased some things through the cruise planner, like drink packages or shore excursions, I was able to add the people from the stateroom I was logged in as, then I was able to add people from another room at checkout as long as I had the reservation number. I have a feeling the photos don't work that way, and will need to be linked while on the ship. You might not even need to link if everyone in your group knows to give the same room number to the photographers. Our kids mistakenly gave their room number several times, we didn't think to tell them to make sure they gave the same room number every time. 

On 5/15/2019 at 2:01 PM, AubieKermit said:

I may wait to purchase it until I get on the ship.  I haven't seen a decreased price at all for it in the cruise planner so far.  That way I can ask the person at the kiosk.

It's usually more expensive purchasing on the ship than through cruise planner.

On 5/15/2019 at 12:42 AM, AubieKermit said:

So, I have booked two adjoining rooms for my upcoming cruise and am interested in purchasing the digital photo package.  However, the description in the Cruise Planner says that "one package covers all guests in your stateroom."  Since we are split into two staterooms, surely we don't have to purchase two photo packages, do we?  Can't I just purchase the one and have that cover my whole family, even though we are in two rooms?

You don't have to buy 2 packages to cover the entire family unless there are adults in the other stateroom.  Even then, just make sure someone in the purchasing stateroom is in the photos being taken so they can be tagged.  The package includes all of your children under the age of 21 regardless of what stateroom they are in.  When you get on board, go to the photo people and have them link the staterooms.  

On 5/15/2019 at 10:49 AM, QuiqueCorleone said:

They will sometimes offer a discount on-board but from what I have seen, it's still been cheaper through the planner.

19 hours ago, JerseyJoe said:

I don't think you can link it yourself. I had to call Royal Caribbean to link our 2 rooms for dinner reservations. But that didn't link them for other things. When I purchased some things through the cruise planner, like drink packages or shore excursions, I was able to add the people from the stateroom I was logged in as, then I was able to add people from another room at checkout as long as I had the reservation number. I have a feeling the photos don't work that way, and will need to be linked while on the ship. You might not even need to link if everyone in your group knows to give the same room number to the photographers. Our kids mistakenly gave their room number several times, we didn't think to tell them to make sure they gave the same room number every time. 

For photos it has to be done via the photo people on-board

We are a family of 5, so need to book two cabins.  I was told on RCCL that my kids were included until they are 21 on brilliance.  Sometime before dinner on day 1 we walked by photo area and they linked the rooms.  

On NCL, the following year, my oldest had turned 21.  It was no trouble adding the second room with the kids.  Surprisingly, my oldest was also included despite the fact she was 21 at the time.  They said since we were traveling as a family, her photos could be added.  I have no idea if RCCL works the same way or when adult children no longer count, but thought I’d share.

2 hours ago, Want2cruisemore said:

We are a family of 5, so need to book two cabins.  I was told on RCCL that my kids were included until they are 21 on brilliance.  Sometime before dinner on day 1 we walked by photo area and they linked the rooms.  

On NCL, the following year, my oldest had turned 21.  It was no trouble adding the second room with the kids.  Surprisingly, my oldest was also included despite the fact she was 21 at the time.  They said since we were traveling as a family, her photos could be added.  I have no idea if RCCL works the same way or when adult children no longer count, but thought I’d share.

That's a good question....I'll have to remember to ask once on-board.  Thanks for mentioning it.

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, HappyCruiser said:

If I purchase a package can people from other rooms be in my pictures? 

Yes.  They won’t remove a photo from the package with you in it just because, say, ‘grandma’ is also in the photo. But a photo of just ‘grandma’ wouldn’t be in your package, if she isn’t in your room. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We are in the same situation our family members split into two rooms but guy work at photo area he told us he cannot link all the photos and I paid for digital package and they told me on last day I will receive email after 7 to 10 days of your cruise I still haven’t received anything yet. I need to know where to contact them about our photos.