Golf Simulator BOTS and Golf General

Hi all

I'm new to this board and not a regular RC cruiser (only previous was Splendour of the Seas in 2003!) but have cruised lots on other lines (Disney, Cunard, P&O). Anyway my oldest friend and I have booked onto the Brilliance of the Seas for a 5 night trip next March out of Tampa as part of our 50th birthday celebrations and, apart from a a few drinks(!), the theme of the trip will be golf.  I have a few golf related questions which hopefully I can get some helpful information for. Thanks in advance!

• on the BOTS ship graphic on the RC website it shows 'Golf Simulator' but I can't find any information to confirm this. Does anyone know if they do have a golf simulator and if so the approximate costs/booking process? I think we could have some fun on sea days playing 'golf' with a few beers!
  • We stop at Key West and Cozumel and am planning on playing Key West Golf Club and Cozumel Country Club. Any experience of these course, good or bad, would be helpful and if any other advice on booking, transport etc would be great.
  • We fly in from the UK and plan on playing a round of golf the day before we board the ship. I have done some research and see a number of courses around Tampa but if anyone has some recommendations then that would be great. Looked at TPC Tampa but for a TPC course it doesn't seem to have the wow factor that maybe some others do. Streamsong seems to have the wow factor but cost and formality might not suit for a relaxed round of golf. 

I have lots of other questions RC and BOTS related and will post those over the coming months as I've already picked up lots of great information from everyone on these boards.

If you can spring it, I HIGHLY recommend playing Streamsong (Black, Red, Blue), Black being the newest course and the hardest. I know it is expensive, and you need a fore caddie but you won't be disappointed. They have a hotel you can stay at as well (March is expensive). Very comparable with some of the upper echelon links courses in Europe.

TPC in general is overpriced for what you get. If you want something cheaper but still challenging, check out Southern Hills Plantation Club in Brooksville (1 hour from Tampa). It is a private course but they open up tee times to the public for about $69.99-$99.00 person. wwwDOTgolfnowDOTcom

World Woods (Pine Barrens) is also in Brooksville. It's an 36-hole course reasonably priced. Pine Barrens was on Golf Digest Top 100 a few years back but it's been going slightly downhill recently but still very good for the money.

That's about it for Tampa. Not a ton of great courses unfortunately.