inside balcony cabins

Can't describe yet but we have one booked on Harmony.  They look like a good alternative to an inside room as they have a window (overlooking Central Park) and the extra seat.  We've booked Promenade before and enjoy these so imagine we'll enjoy this as well.  We don't spend a ton of time in the room so the price savings was worth it to us over a balcony or ocean view.

The cabin category will state what it is a view of. As an example, it will say "Central Park view Balcony cabin" versus "Ocean view balcony cabin".

Also, balconies that overlook Central Park or Boardwalk are only on Oasis Class ships.

Furthermore, I'd advise you to use a good travel agent to help ensure you pick the right cabin for you.

23 hours ago, Matt said:

The cabin category will state what it is a view of. As an example, it will say "Central Park view Balcony cabin" versus "Ocean view balcony cabin".

Also, balconies that overlook Central Park or Boardwalk are only on Oasis Class ships.

Furthermore, I'd advise you to use a good travel agent to help ensure you pick the right cabin for you.

I agree with Matt on getting a good travel agent.  Not sure where your from but some small town travel agencies don't have experience booking cruises.  I haven't had any experience with the travel agency on this website but from what I have read on here they are top notch.

9 hours ago, MikeK said:

" I agree with Matt on getting a good travel agent.  Not sure where your from but some small town travel agencies don't have experience booking cruises.  I haven't had any experience with the travel agency on this website but from what I have read on here they are top notch."

I live in Sarasota, just an hour's drive from Tampa, and I booked through CruisesOnly.com, "America's Largest Cruise Agency." I spoke w. two agents and I asked them each if they had ever cruised, and they said No. They didn't seem to know anything at all about the ship, the staterooms, etc. except what was on the same computer screen I was looking at. Nonetheless, they were very patient and efficient at answering questions about what is included in the fare, and in booking my reservation. I had to do the research myself, using this blog and RCCL website and Cruise Critic and everything else I could find, and I think I did pretty well. I booked a year in advance and got an ocean view balcony on Deck 8 of the Brilliance, amidships, away from the elevator and the centrum. My husband is reluctantly coming along, because he "doesn't want me to go alone," although I've assured him that I travelled all over the world alone before I met him and can happily take a cruise by myself. (Remember, I'll be 82 next Spring and this is my one remaining Bucket List item that I can still hope to do.) The issue is, he was in the U.S.Navy for four years and he hated being on a Navy ship, claims he was seasick for four years and never wants to go on a ship again. I've put off taking a cruise all these years because of that, until I realized I can go by myself! I am going to love seeing him have a great time cruising. I'm pretty sure it will be nothing like the Navy!

12 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

Shameless plug for the blog sponsor, but I’d recommend trying the folks at MEI travel. You’ll usually see their banner ads when you load the site, they’re very experienced with cruising and aren’t just another offshore travel agency. 

Thanks for supporting our sponsor!

15 hours ago, tiny blonde said:

Good for you tiny blonde.  I m glad to see you will going on the cruise one way or the other.   From what I have read on here from people that were in the Navy,  the cruise ship will be much smoother than the  Navy ships.   They have much better anti nausea medicine now so check with your Dr. for some prescription meds or just buy some over the counter meds for your husband.   Good Luck with your cruise,  I know you will have a wonderful time.  No matter your age.......most cruisers are ageless.