Quantum Of The Seas Production Show.

Shocked

I'm surprised because rumor mill was pointing to Wicked or Jersey Boys the entire time.  Good show, especially for families.

I too am somewhat surprised. But I still think Wicked would be an awesome addition to the Broadway entertainment onboard Royal Caribbean ships.

Obviously we can more than likely expect Broadway shows onboard all Quantum class ships and probably all new ships from now on.

I found it amusing that Royal Caribbean in their press release said they are still the only cruise line with Tony award winning shows.  Did some research and it turns out Norwegian's ship that has Legally Blonde was nominated but never won.  Very subtle marketing by Royal

I found it amusing that Royal Caribbean in their press release said they are still the only cruise line with Tony award winning shows.  Did some research and it turns out Norwegian's ship that has Legally Blonde was nominated but never won.  Very subtle marketing by Royal

I caught that too. I didn't do any research because I figured they were right otherwise it would not have been written that way. I don't pay that close attention to what shows are Tony award winning and which ones aren't. But when I did read that I thought wait a minute. NCL now has Broadway shows, but then I reread it and caught the "Tony" part. Very creative indeed!

Someday I won't have to go to NYC to catch any shows, I can just catch ships on my fav line and watch them all!  :D

Okay so I did do some research on NCL Breakaway, because their Broadway show sparked my interest. Well I'm not interested in seeing Rock of Ages, but just their whole theater and how it compared to Royal Caribbean is what really sparked my interest.

Is this really the space that is the Breakaway Theater where Rock of Ages is performed?

4e_theater31-594x444.jpg

I am really sorry, but this is one reason why I sail Royal Caribbean. They actually put thought and creativity into their public spaces. The Breakaway Theater looks awful. A lot like Carnival and MSC, monotone with no creativity and a low ceiling? Not impressed. 

Furthermore, I do not understand the design (I'm rambling here) concepts behind Carnival (I know that Farcus guy) and other lines like MSC. So strange! It is like they use one fabric swatch or one theme and repeat, repeat, repeat. The rooms are confusing, and not very appealing to the eye.

• 3 weeks later...