Has anyone taken part in one of the onboard shows called Crazy Quest?  If you have the ability to go to that show I highly recommend it.  It is very much an interactive/ audience participation show that is only for people over the age of 17.  If you like to participate in the show be close to the stage or on the end of an aisle that goes directly down to the stage.

If you wonder what it is I will give you a quick breakdown.  It is basically a scavenger hunt type game for items in the crowd.  For example one of the items was someone from your team had to have a drivers license with an Austin, TX address on the license.  This was on the mild side.  It went adult very fast.  VERY FAST.  

If you are wondering how adult it gets here is an first hand example:  I saw a passenger run on stage only in pasties and a thong.  YES, you read that correct only PASTIES and a THONG.  For ones that may not know pasties are similar to stickers that go over a females nipples.  And thong is referring to underwear.

1 hour ago, Mathew Jones said:

Has anyone taken part in one of the onboard shows called Crazy Quest?  If you have the ability to go to that show I highly recommend it.  It is very much an interactive/ audience participation show that is only for people over the age of 17.  If you like to participate in the show be close to the stage or on the end of an aisle that goes directly down to the stage.

If you wonder what it is I will give you a quick breakdown.  It is basically a scavenger hunt type game for items in the crowd.  For example one of the items was someone from your team had to have a drivers license with an Austin, TX address on the license.  This was on the mild side.  It went adult very fast.  VERY FAST.  

If you are wondering how adult it gets here is an first hand example:  I saw a passenger run on stage only in pasties and a thong.  YES, you read that correct only PASTIES and a THONG.  For ones that may not know pasties are similar to stickers that go over a females nipples.  And thong is referring to underwear.

I appreciate your feedback on this.  I worried that I might not like this activity if it was a bit risque or bawdy.  Sounds like I am more suited to the family scavenger hunt  :)  

2 hours ago, Mathew Jones said:

Yes.  Standard Quest shenanigans. 

PSA: Parents, don't bring your children who are not adults themselves!

@Mathew Jones

Many of repeat RCL cruisers know they will ask for a thong item.  You know repeat cruisers because they wear flip flops and hand them.  YES, flip flops count because it is considered a thong.    

I dress appropriately for that show.  I wear a strapless bra and, flip flops.  We have won on those 2 because we were the fastest and I never showed anything.

I agree Quest is not for the faint of heart.  The 1st time we attended one woman took off her top to take her bra off.  She never put it back on for the rest of the show.  

Most people that have attended the Quest keep what happens quiet just to see the shock value on the faces of 1st time Quest guests.

I have never heard them ask for pasties.  

I also thought that guests must be 18 or older.  

1 hour ago, Cindy Leslie said:

We’ve got a cruise coming up in July on the Allure. My adult daughter insists we go to Quest. She did it on her last cruise and said it’s crazy, outrageous and lots of fun! Although I don’t plan on actively participating, I do plan on watching and laughing!

We did an adult cousins cruise on Anthem, a group of 10.  4 people in the party never sailed on RCL.  They kept asking what is this show...we just kept saying, just go with the flow and you will have fun, nobody told them anything about the show.  1 cousin who never saw this before could not stop laughing throughout the entire show.  He went on Anthem again 6 months later with his wife's family that never sailed Royal.  He did the same thing, would not tell them what it was about, only to go with the flow.  They laughed just as much.

One thing I would say is that show usually ends up standing room only, so make sure you get there early enough if you are traveling as a group so you can seats together.

My wife and I just returned today from a 3-day on Mariner and, being without kids for our anniversary, we attended our first Quest.  I told her I had heard many legends on the blog and wanted to see it for myself.  We had an absolute blast and would highly recommend this to everyone (18+, that is) - well, everyone who isn't too politically correct or easily offended. Some of our items required were: 8 items of clothes tied together, a "pair of twins" (this quickly became just boobs), a SeaPass card for Jack or Dianne (as the song with these names played).  Glad I'm finally with the in-crowd on this one and can't wait to play again when we go on Allure in September.

We have done this on all our cruises, we try to sit on the first row if we can make it there on time.  Last cruise my wife got picked to be one of our team captains, so was running around on the rink - yeah, LUCKILY she didn't have to do anything questionable - lol.  It was a lot of fun, we won the game and got a bottle of champagne, a RCL bag and couple other things.  It was funny when the CD called out the 'royalty cruisers' from star class with the black seapass cards ..... i think we were the only ones in there with one  ? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/13/2019 at 3:36 PM, Mathew Jones said:

I once attended on the Allure but had to run out almost immediately. The sound was turned up so high that my head was about to explode. Holding my hands over my ears did nothing to help. Very strange, I never have problems with high sounds at movie theaters or concerts. This was like going to a concert and having the sound turned up x 2.

Shame, because I believe I would have enjoyed it. 

42 minutes ago, Mathias said:

I once attended on the Allure but had to run out almost immediately. The sound was turned up so high that my head was about to explode. Holding my hands over my ears did nothing to help. Very strange, I never have problems with high sounds at movie theaters or concerts. This was like going to a concert and having the sound turned up x 2.

Shame, because I believe I would have enjoyed it. 

Have some light earplugs with you next time.

We always attend the Quest but we know better than to volunteer to lead a group.  Our son on his honeymoon cruise got picked because of his size. The quest was for the biggest guy and he is 6'4" and just under 300 lbs...Former Division 1 Collage football offensive lineman.  He ended up dressed in women's under garments and wearing lipstick...We tried to warn him.  Each quest is always different and it all depends on the Cruise Director...Some CD's will ask for more risky items where others might tend to keep it to a more Mature rating but all of them are worth the attendance.

On 5/28/2019 at 10:45 AM, Skid said:

Symphony CD Mike ran one of the best Quests I have seen (May 23rd, 2019). I did participate and it was a lot of fun. Highly recommend attending this event. It is hilarious.

Mike is insane ..... we had him on Grandeur for Quest last October .... combine that with the fact that it was the Halloween Cruise just compounded the craziness.

My favorite memory from Quest that my family and I still talk about today was on Explorer in 2013. They asked for a hairy back. Someone from my team instantly ripped his shirt off and ran down. After the quest was closed, the CD asked to see the YETI from our team again. It was insane!

Last week on Harmony, the first quest was the Royal Caribbean app opened on someone's phone. It was the first time they didn't ask for the paper cruise compass. Times are changing!