Odyssey of the Seas - Tid Bit!!

Just got word that the Odyssey of the Seas will be sailing out of Florida and it seems Ft. Lauderdale will be the home port. But as we all know, things tend to change. As of now, the itineraries will be released by end of 2019, but once again, things tend to change. Like so many, I await with bated breath !!!!!

3 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

It's been rumoured for a while that she would be in Florida. With Adventure going to Galveston, I think Odyssey will do the 6/8 night sailings.

I would agree - the only thing I am apprehensive about is the terminal situation. If she does the 6/8 night itineraries from Fort Lauderdale, she would need to use T29, which is not technologically advanced. This would seem to contradict Royal's current focus on high speed check-in for their newest ships. 

1 minute ago, ltw said:

I would agree - the only thing I am apprehensive about is the terminal situation. If she does the 6/8 night itineraries from Fort Lauderdale, she would need to use T29, which is not technologically advanced. This would seem to contradict Royal's current focus on high speed check-in for their newest ships. 

Plenty of time for them to do something between now and then - I remember the old Bayonne terminal pre-Quantum which was certainly not fit for that class and they managed to update the port enough to take them.

Maybe she'll do Friday and Saturday departures?

10 hours ago, ltw said:

10 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Plenty of time for them to do something between now and then - I remember the old Bayonne terminal pre-Quantum which was certainly not fit for that class and they managed to update the port enough to take them.

Maybe she'll do Friday and Saturday departures?

In theory she could also use the new Celebrity terminal if T18 is busy that day.  However I could see them using the other weekend day opposite from an Oasis class ship at T18.  

6 hours ago, twangster said:

In theory she could also use the new Celebrity terminal if T18 is busy that day.  However I could see them using the other weekend day opposite from an Oasis class ship at T18.  

The Celebrity Terminal is occupied on both Saturdays and Sundays by Apex and Edge. 

T18 is available on Saturdays, but that wouldn’t allow for a 6/8 night schedule unless they do Friday/Saturday departures. Or she just does 7 night cruises from T18 on Saturdays.

On 5/13/2019 at 3:06 PM, princevaliantus said:

Just got word that the Odyssey of the Seas will be sailing out of Florida and it seems Ft. Lauderdale will be the home port. But as we all know, things tend to change. As of now, the itineraries will be released by end of 2019, but once again, things tend to change. Like so many, I await with bated breath !!!!!

I've been away for a while...what is this Odyssey of the Seas you speak of?!?

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

Itineraries will be released by end of 2019, but once again, things tend to change.

I know you talk to some people who work at Royal to get your info.. Do you have any idea if they will be released by December? Every year my family goes on a cruise for NYE and I am a travel agent so its my job to book and plan. I want them all to put a deposit down on Next years while we our on this years trip so I was hoping the schedules will come out by then. 

5 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

I know you talk to some people who work at Royal to get your info.. Do you have any idea if they will be released by December? Every year my family goes on a cruise for NYE and I am a travel agent so its my job to book and plan. I want them all to put a deposit down on Next years while we our on this years trip so I was hoping the schedules will come out by then. 

Things can change from day-to-day or month-to-month and as such, not even RCCL has a definite release date as of yet. The release date is contingent on the progress of construction on Odyssey.

The good news is that RCCL should be releasing an update on the construction real soon. If you compare this with a prior construction time line or itinerary/press release from Spectrum, for instance, you can narrow the time frame down to get some kind of an idea of when the itinerary will be released.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Odyssey Of The Seas itinerary program is not officially announced, but what is known so far is that the ship will be homeported in the USA and most probably deployed in the Caribbean. At the beginning of its inaugural cruise season (before the Transatlantic repositioning crossing from Europe) the liner will visit UK (Port Southampton).

With that statement above.... I wonder will she do a short med. cruise prior to the TA?