Advance seating on BA flight

Ive flown many times to Asia. The price of the ticket includes 2 checked bags (50 lbs each) and being able to select seats as soon as you purchase ticket. This time flying into London on BA is, lets say educating .We purchased our tickets through Air2Sea, standard economy , 1 checked bag which is fine. Was told by Air2sea that I would have to pay for the tickets now to select seats, so I did and then went to BA web site to select our seats. SUPRISE, its free to select your seat 24 hrs in advance, join the executive club (no charge) and you can select your seats 7 days in advance, or pay to select regular economy seats ranging from $110, $68, $55 and $48. for each person each way. Total price for a ticket from Seattle to London $937, not horrible but could have done better. Just something for you to be aware of and that the Air2 Sea did not know. Told our relatives on the east coast about this, they are flying Virgin Atlantic but booked through a US partner airline(using Air2Sea) and did not incur the additional charge. 

If you look at the fine print on a lot of the web sites it says choice of seating when available 

•  

Ive flown BA numerous times to various areas of the world, maybe its the scotsman in me and the fact we dont like to part with money but i have never paid for seats. I Check in when your allowed ( 7 days in advance ) and i still get a seat i want ( only downside is so does my wife ....next to me lol )