First time cruising on navigator of the sea

Annt

Any information about the navigator please. Never been on a cruise before we are going on the 21st may 2016. Dress code, drinks, and can you use US dollars.

I believe they only accept USD for currency, but all of your on board expenses will be charged to your sea pass (room account) and then chqrged to you credit card on the last day. Shorts and sandals during the day. Slacks and collared shirt in the dining rooms in the evening. Suit or sport coat and time on "formal nights" in the dining room. EnJoY!

FloatMe has got it right.  Everything is charged in USD even when sailing in Europe.  Only a few drinks are included and those include juice (breakfast only), coffee, tea (hot and iced), lemonade, milk, and sometimes a flavored water or punch.  Any additional drinks (e.g., soda, alcohol, espresso) are an added fee.  Specialty restaraunts do not require formal dress on formal night if you're so inclined.

You might want to check out my live blog from Navigator of the Seas: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/category/category/navigator-of-the-seas-live-blog

I also did a podcast review of Navigator of the Seas: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/podcast/episode-29-navigator-of-the-seas-cruise-review

I know I have said this before on here but it is important if your a first time cruiser to start with two things that could make or break a cruise before you even get started.  #1...make sure you have the correct IDs.  You can almost never go wrong with a passport.  Your IDs must match your name that's on the manifest.  The IDs must be government issued with a seal or stamp, Not copies made from your home computer printer.  If you have a name change (marriage etc) it has to be a certified copy.  #2....Do Not be late!  Plan on  checking in at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours before the sail time.  They will leave you if your not on time.  Same thing for coming back to the ship at your port stops....Be on time!  I am not trying to scare you but it is important.   I have been on about 12 cruises and this site is full of many nice people that have been on a lot more so ask questions if your not sure.  Most of all .....relax and have a great time ....Mike

• 4 weeks later...