Oasis Lagoon or Chill Island

40 minutes ago, EllenB said:

Trying to decide which one, Oasis Lagoon or Chill Island. Does anyone have  any in put on both. Would love to see pictures. Also does floating mats come with both..Thank you. 

Matt did video at Oasis Lagoon.  

Worth checking out  :)

It really depends what you want - do you want to hang out at the pool or be at a beach - two totally different experiences.  We did Chill Island Cabana and loved it!  There was an upgraded buffet lunch that I am not sure comes with Oasis Lagoon cabanas.  Yes, there were 2 mats and 2 sets of snorkel gear.  There was also a cooler full of water.

20190402_101530.jpg

The photo above is of the Chill Island Cabanas before they changed the furniture.  From what I have seen the three cabana areas that are open (Chill Island, Oasis & Waterpark) now all have the same furniture.  Also the description for Chill Island NO longer includes floating mats. The other thing that is gone is the cooked to order lunch.  Although we have heard that the Attendant will bring you food.

I am so confused now.  @Matt  the photos you show are totally different than @jaullram  for Chill cabanas.

I have seen the pics you posted on another forum.  I can't see how RCL justifies in their mind that their new cabana is for 8.  It looks smaller than the bungalows that hold 6 on Chill.  However, that being said, my cruise planner never offered bungalows, so maybe it is no longer an option for Chill.  I purchased my cabana 9/2018

All of the new cabanas appear to be smaller than the old ones.  The old ones had 2 full walls and 2 couches - 1 along each full wall.  Too bad they have only 1 couch now.

I am hard pressed to call the thrill water park ones cabanas.   There are no hard sides at all !  I consider that a palapa.  No overhead fans at all on these !

At least everything is nice and new and the addition of the power outlets (on the chill ones, anyway) is a nice upgrade.  I don't see any power outlets on the thrill island palapas.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

A reader sent in these photos of all 3 types of cabanas.

I'll be taking my own photos this weekend, but in the meantime here's a good look at Chill Island, Oasis Lagoon and Thrill Park cabanas.

ChillCabana03.jpg

ChillCabana05.jpg

ChillCabana06.jpg

ChillCabana07.jpg

ChillCabana08.jpg

ChillCabana09.jpg

Oasis Lagoon

OasisCabana01.jpg

OasisCabana02.jpg

OasisCabana03.jpg

OasisCabana04.jpg

OasisCabana05.jpg

OasisCabana06.jpg

OasisCabana07.jpg

OasisCabana08.jpg

OasisCabana09.jpg

OasisCabana10.jpg

OasisCabana11.jpg

OasisCabana12.jpg

OasisCabana13.jpg

Thrill Water Park

ThrillCabana01.jpg

ThrillCabana02.jpg

ThrillCabana03.jpg

ThrillCabana04.jpg

ThrillCabana05.jpg

Any word on what we can expect for South Beach cabanas?  Im liking the look of the Chill Island and Oasis Lagoon cabanas.  I am guessing something similar to them. 

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

All of the new cabanas appear to be smaller than the old ones.  The old ones had 2 full walls and 2 couches - 1 along each full wall.  Too bad they have only 1 couch now.

I am hard pressed to call the thrill water park ones cabanas.   There are no hard sides at all !  I consider that a palapa.  No overhead fans at all on these !

At least everything is nice and new and the addition of the power outlets (on the chill ones, anyway) is a nice upgrade.  I don't see any power outlets on the thrill island palapas.

I agree.  They seem way smaller than the old ones.  The plus for Chill in my mind is that they are not placed as close as they are on Oasis and Thrill.    These cabanas are advertised with USB ports to play your own music.  Can you imagine the noise if you do an Oasis cabana, to the left is playing Beach Boys and the Cabana on your right is playing Beyoncé, and RCCL has a DJ playing Caribbean music by the pool?  Kill me now.    Hence why we did Chill.    I don't like the look of Thrill cabanas, it really looks cheap.  I have a tent type like that at my house (no side curtains) which I use at my home for parties in my backyard.  Def. not impo worth 800 for the day.  

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

the waterpark ones might be small, but they are *relatively* cheap.  they come with 6 free guest passes to the park, thats worth something north of $300.  which for my sailing, means the tent is only about $200.  Maybe not cheap, but less than the others.

Of course if you dont have 6 people to take advantage of those passes, than its a much worse deal.

we decided to be frugal, we figure we would rather be nomads and go wherever we wanted, atleast the first time we went anyway.  chairs are apparently plentiful.

@Constantino  Right now for my cruise THRILL cabana is 878.  It is 47 pp for the Thrill full day pass. So, by my math, 6 X 47 pp (thrill water park pass) you are still paying close to 600 for the cabana.    268 for the passes.  I don't know where you have seen Thrill cabanas in the less than 600 range...no offense, just saying, I have been watching since 9/2018 when I booked my Chill cabana.  

Thrill is great, especially if you have kids under 18, since an adult is required, but I have never seen on my planner Thrill for anything south of 849.  Chill and Oasis for my cruise are sold out, only Thrill is available.  Good sale for Chill was 449-499.  Good sail for Oasis was 649-699.  I am traveling in a group of 5.  Got Chill cabana for 449.  Even when you add in Thrill full day with our Chill cabana we would be at 699, or basically the bottom price I have seen for Oasis and no water park passes, and 150 less than a Thrill cabana.

3 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

@Constantino  Right now for my cruise THRILL is 878.  It is 47 pp for the Thrill full day pass. So, by my math, 6 X 48 pp (thrill water park pass) you are still paying close to 600 for the cabana.  

Thrill is great, especially if you have kids under 18, since an adult is required, but I have never seen on my planner Thrill for anything south of 849.  Chill and Oasis for my cruise are sold out.  Good sale for Chill was 449-499.  Good sail for Oasis was 649-699.  I am traveling in a group of 5.  Got Chill cabana for 449.  Even when you add in Thrill full day with our Chill cabana we would be at 699, or basically the bottom price I have seen for Oasis and no water park passes, and 150 less than a Thrill cabana.

oh wow, yeah, my cruise is $52 for a day pass and $472 for a cabana.  

As best as I can tell based on cruise itineraries, our ship is the only one in cococay on that day, so perhaps that drives the pricing for these things, 2 ships could support higher prices on limited cabanas.

Our cruise ship will be the only one there on that day.  We sail in July.  I believe only 1 day in July there will be 2 ships (Lady G and Mariner or Navigator(

Is it 472 for the cabana, or are you saying at 52 x 6,  plus 472 for the cabana making the cost 789 for the cabana.

Not trying to be antagonistic.  Just saying for many that is a hard pill to swallow.

OBTW I am sailing on Adventure, the passenger load is 3114.  That shoots your idea of higher prices for cabanas out of the water (no pun intended). Adventure is small compared to even Anthem or Mariner or Navigator.  Those ships sail with close to 700-1000+ more passengers.

9 hours ago, redgrapes2 said:

I just cancelled our Thrill cabana for our October Mariner sailing based on these pictures.  $375 for a tailgating tent?  No way!

Don't forget thrill water park cabanas include water park admission. So it's not just the cabana you get for the money.

Great pictures of these new cabanas! Finally pics of Chill Island cabanas that show outlet/ power! The cooler  is neat, but can’t put any items on the top. Wondering where the “ cocktail table that houses conveniences like a personal speaker to play your own music, a combination lock lid for storage and a USB outlet” is?  Anyone have pictures or can confirm this? And provide sizes of the locked storage? Seating size is dissapointing as well.

RTripp the photos that show the outlet and the ceiling fan with 2 chairs inside the cabana, and located really close to each other are for Oasis, not Chill.  The one with 1 chair, 4 un loungers is Chills.  You will see a small table with towels on top of it.  That is my guess is where you will find the safe and the USB ports.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Ellie said:

I need help deciding. A family of 20 ..Age 16 down to new born infant. Which cabanas should we book ?

Real question is if you want to do the water park or not.  The best value is the Thrill Waterpark Cabanas, because they not only include a cabana, but water park access.

The Oasis Lagoon cabanas are great if you want to spend most of your time by the Oasis Lagoon pool (pool is complimentary).

Chill Island cabanas are great if you prefer to spend your day at the beach in the ocean.

For our January 2020 cruise on Adventure the Thrill Water Park Cabana was $529 when I booked it which I thought wasn't bad till I saw the cabana.  We have a family of 5.  I originally booked it because I thought they were around the wave pool now I see they are more spread out.  I'm rethinking it and may just get water park passes and hope for shade.  I cannot stay in the sun. We prefer a cabana but seeing the other prices are out there.

5 hours ago, emsff02 said:

Glad I got mine when I did. They are $800 in the cruise planner now for my September cruise.

310C166A-B771-49AA-B399-B640A7AD4E31.jpeg

We paid this for our Oasis Lagoon Cabana at the end of June.   I’m only coming here to give a little update from the Oasis cabana photos earlier in the thread.  There is a heavy wooden coffee table-like table with a storage cabinet and a lockable safe.  We liked this for our phones and things while we were off in the pool.  It was also a good place to set food while eating.  (The attendant will bring you menus and serve.).  Also, someone mentioned above the loud pool party with a DJ. While it is true that there is a DJ and it’s a party atmosphere, that is really only around the bar area.   The pool is gigantic, and you can be in several other parts of the pool and not even really notice the party happening on the other side.

1A6819C8-2EAC-46FB-A8AF-A08BEB3103BF.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Ala_Paul said:

I'm going to be interested to see the Coco Beach Club cabanas and what they go for, since they'll include entrance to the area. But if these prices are any indication, they're going to be a lot more than originally advertised and well outside my range ?

For the overwater cabanas up to twice what people are seeing other cabanas go for at the moment.  The ones on land will be more affordable.  

• 2 weeks later...

There are 14 people in my group, so we would need 2 cabanas. If 7 people are sharing a Chill Island Cabana, it looks like only 4 people can sit inside the cabana at a time, and 3 will be in the sun on the loungers. Will the attendant bring umbrellas over to provide shade for the loungers, if people want to stay out of the sun? We all want the cabana to give us a break from the sun. I'm thinking we should just all find loungers next to each other with umbrellas, and not pay all that money for bottled water, towels, and someone to bring us food and drinks from the nearby snack bar. What are the advantages of having a cabana on Chill Island?