Soda

I'm loving the message boards.. I've been on them for 5 days in a row now! 

Really great reading.

Here is my question (and if this has been covered before, forgive me)...

If I choose a drink package that includes soda, then I will have to carry a plastic cup with me all the time?  I am imagining a scenario where my plan (hypothetically) is to have lunch at the Windjammer Buffet area -- and, then after - I just want to walk around some of the decks.  Now, I have to CARRY THIS "re-usable" cup everywhere I go?  Or, I have to take it back to my suite.  Are those my options? 

What if I am at one end of the ship, and my plastic cup is back in my suite... and I decide "Hmm, maybe I'll go get a slice of pizza & a soda pop"... "Oh, wait... I don't want to walk back to my suite for the silly cup" (sigh) ..... SO --- I JUST GO TO THE PIZZA PLACE --- and, have nothing to drink.  Is this, basically, a probably scenario, or am I way way off?  I'm new, and still learning.  Thank you for your patience. 

What about going to a bar & asking for a coke.  Do, they make me a coke in a GLASS drinking glass with ice?  Sorry, I just have to ask.  LOL.

What if I go do the MDR (I'm learning, see!  I now know what the MDR stands for, woohoo), and want to have a coke with lunch/dinner.. do, I need to remember to bring my plastic cup?

This sucker gets sticky, too.... yes!?!?!?  Okay, enough typing.  Thanks again.

You only have to bring the provided cup if you want to use the Coke Freestyle machines.  This is because the RFID chip in the bottom of the cup activates those machines.  Any bar or restaurant (including MDR) will give you a soda although the options may be limited depending on where you are.  Your SeaPass card will be printed (or have a sticker) indicating what drink package you have so you just show it to your waiter or bartender.  I've seen conflicting reports on the ability to get canned vs fountain soda from bars/restaurants with the drink package.

On 5/9/2019 at 10:29 PM, VegasFella said:

Really great reading.

Here is my question (and if this has been covered before, forgive me)...

If I choose a drink package that includes soda, then I will have to carry a plastic cup with me all the time?  I am imagining a scenario where my plan (hypothetically) is to have lunch at the Windjammer Buffet area -- and, then after - I just want to walk around some of the decks.  Now, I have to CARRY THIS "re-usable" cup everywhere I go?  Or, I have to take it back to my suite.  Are those my options? 

What if I am at one end of the ship, and my plastic cup is back in my suite... and I decide "Hmm, maybe I'll go get a slice of pizza & a soda pop"... "Oh, wait... I don't want to walk back to my suite for the silly cup" (sigh) ..... SO --- I JUST GO TO THE PIZZA PLACE --- and, have nothing to drink.  Is this, basically, a probably scenario, or am I way way off?  I'm new, and still learning.  Thank you for your patience. 

What about going to a bar & asking for a coke.  Do, they make me a coke in a GLASS drinking glass with ice?  Sorry, I just have to ask.  LOL.

What if I go do the MDR (I'm learning, see!  I now know what the MDR stands for, woohoo), and want to have a coke with lunch/dinner.. do, I need to remember to bring my plastic cup?

This sucker gets sticky, too.... yes!?!?!?  Okay, enough typing.  Thanks again.

Thanks for asking all the questions!!  We are going on our first cruise in June and I had all the same questions!  I'm thinking we will buy the soda package too, but I'm wasn't looking forward to carrying around the cup everywhere. Good to know we don't have to!

On 5/9/2019 at 11:29 PM, VegasFella said:

Really great reading.

Yep...every.single.day.  Just because it's good reading!  and it gets me pumped for our upcoming cruises!

When I went on my first cruise, I too was concerned about having to carry the cup around with me everywhere. It turned out to be not nearly as bothersome as I anticipated. And now, many months later, I'm trying to reconstruct why it wasn't a bother. I'm pretty sure that I left the cup in my room for the meals, except when I ate at the Windjammer. And I'm positive that I always took it with me when I went to the pool (where it kept my towel company). The rest of the time, I don't really remember. Maybe I wasn't as thirsty as I thought I'd be. But I love those Freestyle machines!

I wasn't concerned about carrying around a cup on our cruises because I do that at home anyway.  I always have an insulated tumbler with me with/for water.  I guess it's a personal preference.  I don't mind them at all.  And I'm not a mug snob.  If it keeps my drink covered, I'm fine.