Half day cococay water park pass gone?

7 hours ago, Constantino said:

Is it gone from other cruises too?

It’s disappeared from my December and Aril sailings, too. I was gonna book the half day pass for my mom and I yesterday for either 1 or both of the sailings but I did not see the half day pass on either sailing and I was not going to pay for a full day pass when the ship departs from CocoCay way before sunset. 

7 hours ago, Constantino said:

given that we were only there 8-4, half day was perfect for lazy sleepers...  perhaps too perfect so they yanked it?

Why would RC remove the half day pass and not the full day pass if the ships aren’t docked at CocoCay for the entire day.

Since the ships are docked there for only a 1/3rd of the day why would they not remove the full day pass and keep the half day pass?

It is gone from my July sailing on Adventure.  Like others it was there about 3-4 days ago.  However, I will say they dropped the full day price.  I recall the 1/2 day being @35, but now the full day is only 47.   I could see why  they would stop doing it because it seems like a logistical nightmare for the staff.  They would have to be looking at everyone's wristbands constantly.  My assumption would be there would be 3 colors, 1 for a.m., 1 for p.m., 1 for full day.  I am sure there will be people that over extends their 1/2 day, thus, it is just easier to offer full day only.

1 hour ago, Bakerette said:

Why would RC remove the half day pass and not the full day pass if the ships aren’t docked at CocoCay for the entire day.

Since the ships are docked there for only a 1/3rd of the day why would they not remove the full day pass and keep the half day pass?

I consider my sailing to be a full day.  We dock at 8 and depart at 5.   For me I consider that a full day.  

7 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Money Money Money

Is the answer for a lot of these questions with Royal...

Actually I think they may not make as much money this way.  Think about it, before they offered 2 half days, and of course 1 full day.  When it was 1/2 day on my sailing the cost  was  35.99.  The full day was @74.  So if you do the math, let's say 1K in the a.m., 1K in the pm, and 500 all day.  That would equate to @110K in revenue for 1/2 days , and 90K now with full day only.  I know those are high numbers, just did it for ease of illustration.

Most of the people that I saw posting were not buying the full day,, they were purchasing 1/2 day..  Thus, to me I think it brings it back to a logistical nightmare for staff.   I really didn't look at the time slots to see if they had basically a down time and cleared all of the a.m. passengers out, and than opened up later so the p.m. could enter.  It is too big of an area to keep track.

Now to me I think they could have kept the 1/2 day, all they had to do was follow the amusement park system.  Allow 1/2 day only to enter in the p.m.  I would think that would be even a higher amount of revenue because many will than turn and say I will pay the 46.99  for a full day since it is only 10 bucks more.  There will also be passengers that will opt for 1/2 day and maybe do another excursion option like kayaking or ziplining, which would increase their revenue.  Many impo will hold the belief that since they are paying for full day at that price, than they are going to spend every minute in Thrill and not pay for even the smallest things like beach mats or snorkel gear.  

Lastly, I am glad I am not doing Thrill for one big reason....chair hogs.    I can see people leaving their towels at Thrill and jump over to Oasis or Chill for an hr or two.    

9 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

Actually I think they may not make as much money this way.  Think about it, before they offered 2 half days, and of course 1 full day.  When it was 1/2 day on my sailing the cost  was  35.99.  The full day was @74.  So if you do the math, let's say 1K in the a.m., 1K in the pm, and 500 all day.  That would equate to @110K in revenue for 1/2 days , and 90K now with full day only.  I know those are high numbers, just did it for ease of illustration.

When we booked on Anthem, I don't remember two half day options.  If there was, we wouldn't have selected the one that starts at 7:30am.  Or maybe I just missed it?  All I remember is half day was $77 vs full day at $107 or so.  Thought the full day price was quite outrageous so we went with the half day (which I'm glad about as I know our kids will want to spend time in that pool).

Wonder what happens to the booked half days.  Guess they still need to honor those and then they'll flip to full day if that's the route the are going.

I bought the half day pass about 2 months ago for a sailing on HOS this summer.  It's been missing from the Perfect Day 'menu' in my Planner for weeks now.  I thought maybe RCI was trying to avoid easy price checking, so I even tried the trick of accessing it from my cruise calendar to attempt a price check.  The description would display, but no pricing. 

If they've really discontinued this option, I wonder how they'll handle the half day passes I already purchased.  (free upgrade to full day?!? ?)

I also wondered how they would police the different sessions.  I suspect that with the open-ness of the area it was quickly apparent that it would be next to impossible (without a police force) to monitor and realized that the half day passes would have to go.  I think those of you who already purchased the half day passes will score on this one !  

26 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I also wondered how they would police the different sessions.  I suspect that with the open-ness of the area it was quickly apparent that it would be next to impossible (without a police force) to monitor and realized that the half day passes would have to go

This is what I was saying from my 1st post.   It has to be a logistical nightmare.  Think about it. it 11:55 am and you are only allowed to stay until noon.  You and 50 other passengers decide you want one more run on Daredevil.  How long will it take to walk up 135 feet?  Now you are standing behind 46 people, it is 12:30 by the time you get finished with the ride.  You now need to collect your belongings before you leave.  Ohhhh that wave pool looks so good....I'll just pop in for 1 more wave, maybe 2.  (hard to see those wristlets)  It id now 1pm. before you exit and nobody during that 1 hr approached you.    The only way they could truly clear it out is to shut down rides for a specific amount of time, and request all guests, including cabanas to exit, and than re-enter.  You are talking about people that spent close to 1K for a cabana.  That would tick me off.  

They pulled the 1/2 day off of my planner just last week.  I know this because someone on my sailing was trying to decide between am and pm.  By the time they decided after reading opinions/posts,  which was the next day, it was gone.  Most posters thought that they probably hit the limit for 1/2 day bookings.  Now it appears to me that they have decided to not offer it. I think they did this as soon as they saw within the 1st few days they opened it that their staff felt it was not doable.  

I still think it is doable, but only if they offered 1/2 day in the pm. , or full day.  You can't offer morning (see above regarding overstaying)

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

All I know is a full day pass would be a waste for me as I wouldn't be there from 8-4...so a half day is the way I would always go...but now, that's option gone and its going to cost me more at the end of the day....unless I am missing something>?

I don't know what your sailing is selling at, but for me, if I was set on trying it, it is only costing $11 more for full day vs 1/2.  $46.99 for full day.  When they offered 1/2 day it was 35.99 and full day was 73.99.  Thus, it really is cheaper now for the full day.  

I live in an area that we have big water parks within an hrs drive, so Thrill is not so enticing to me.  We have been to Coco Cay before, and love the beach there.  Last time we were there we did para-sailing, which is something I can't do where I live.  I have a limited budget, and if I had a choice between Thrill and parasailing, ziplining or swimming with the pigs for a few bucks more, than that is where I will spend the money.  Now,  that full day is only 47 I probably would give it a 2nd thought as an option to add as an excursion, because now it is cheaper than it was originally for full day.   It would allow me to pop in and out all day long...spend a few hrs at the beach, hit Thrill to ride the wave pool, go get a drink at Oasis swim up bar,  etc.  In essence it allows you to pop around the entire island all day as you please.

No, I am not going to purchase it because I blew my budget on a cabana, and there is no way I am leaving that piece of the island for the 9 hrs we are there except to get my food and drinks.  I will be getting them from the beach swim up bar.  

Brand new here .. first post .. this board / blog is awesome.

I think they actually could solve the half day logistics problem with some technology.  It would take some thought, but if they put RFID tags or something scannable in the wrist bands they could scan people going through the exits and charge them the full day price if they didn't leave on time (or if they never scanned out at all!).  There would be several details to work out.

I didnt try the water park this weekend, saving that for later in the month when i take my family.

They sold me a half day package about 10 days ago for that cruise though so they did exist fairly recently.

From observing this weekend it looked like they had you "checkin" at the entrance to the waterpark session and then issued colored wristbands. I would think fairly simple to say blue wristbands only until noon (for example on the color) and if you are in a line at noon you can finish that ride but after noon only red wristbands can enter and no blue wristbands can join a line in the park,

Sailing in June on Harmony but the 1/2 day is no longer showing. I see the full day for 50 ( I think off the top of my head) but it has a clause saying it’s part of a 2 piece package - water park and zip line) . Guess you’d have to pay the other 1/2 still for the zip line!? 

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Andrea206 said:

Wow, it was 58€ last week and now it shows at 74€ for our sailing in July... What the heck? Any hints if I should wait or better book now?

Perfect Day at CocoCay is proving immensely popular.  Higher demand equates to higher prices.

Sales do occur from time to time.  

The safe thing to do is to buy it now but keep checking for sales.  If you find one, cancel this purchase and buy it again at the lower price.

You have up to ~3 days before sailing to cancel for a full refund if you change your mind.

Update from Mariner this past weekend ...

I had purchased the 1/2 day package for the two teens i had with me several weeks/months ago.

Went to get them into the park at 12.30 ... the first attendant said "you didnt buy the package ahead of time, that will be $69" ... I told him i already paid for the 1/2 day and he said there is no such thing you either pay me or go back on the ship to sort it out.

Went around to the other entrance just to see and they did recognise that i had purchased a half day package but wouldnt let the boys in on their own, i would have to buy a package (full day) and stay in there with them all afternoon which defeated the whole purpose. Had them cancel the packages instead.

Seems the 1/2 day packages are going away ... and FYI no crowding issues on any of the three Mariner cruises I went on this past month.

• 1 month later...