3 night dining package

You won’t be able to select specific restaurants until you board the ship. Royal will assign one restaurant to you for Night 1, but you’re free to request a change when you board if you decide you’re not interested in that one or if the time doesn’t work.

You can go to the front desk of any specialty dining venue to make any Night 1 changes and also schedule your other two nights. Best to do this as soon as you board. The sooner you do that, the easier it is to get the venues and times you really want. Only restriction is that you must use one of your specialty dining meals on a night 1.

When we buy the 3 night package we are given the choice to use the first dining either night 1 or night 2....so when we check out in the cruise planner we always choose night 2 and a time.   Since they assign the first speciality restaurant, and we don’t have it scheduled til night 2, it gives us time to change it if we don’t like what they assigned and also to get the other two dinners scheduled.   It is good advice to go to one of the restaurants as soon as you get onboard to get the venues and times you want scheduled.

10 hours ago, Maggiemae said:

When we buy the 3 night package we are given the choice to use the first dining either night 1 or night 2

You're right, I was thinking the BOGO package, which does have the Night 1 requirement. 3+ night packages give you that little bit of extra flexibility.

• 9 months later...
59 minutes ago, sdfoley said:

If I purchase the 3 night dining package, can I go back to the same restaurant more than once or do I have to go to 3 different specialty restaurants?

Yes, they will let you visit a restaurant more than once if you ask them...we've found guest services folks to be accomodating with any reasonable requests.

• 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, jaydlaw said:

Does the 3 night dining package include lunch or is it just for dinner options.  example, if i wanted wings at Playmakers for lunch and wanted dinner at Chops, will both be covered if performed on day?

No lunches included with the 3 night package.  You would have to pay separately for Playmakers for lunch.  If you get the Unlimited Dining Plan you can eat at as many venues as you want as many time a day as you want (as long as the venue can accommodate you).

• 3 months later...
18 minutes ago, Nicholas said:

With the 3 night dining package. How much food cant be ordered each night per person. Is it like the MDR where you can eat as much as you please?

Pretty much. The only place where I've seen it be an issue is Chops will limit to one entree with unlimited apps, sides and desserts. But if there is something else you want to try, usually if you ask they will do it.

So, I currently have a reservation for Izumi on Harmony. It is the one restaurant my son definitely wants (it's his graduation cruise). I am thinking of adding the 3 night dining plan. So my understanding, I would have to cancel my current Izumi reservation and then make a new reservation when we get on board. I know Izumi is extremely popular. What are my chances of getting a reservation upon boarding, or should I just keep my current ressie just to ensure we get to eat there? 

11 minutes ago, Alztyrbn said:

So, I currently have a reservation for Izumi on Harmony. It is the one restaurant my son definitely wants (it's his graduation cruise). I am thinking of adding the 3 night dining plan. So my understanding, I would have to cancel my current Izumi reservation and then make a new reservation when we get on board. I know Izumi is extremely popular. What are my chances of getting a reservation upon boarding, or should I just keep my current ressie just to ensure we get to eat there? 

Yes, you would cancel your individual meal reservation if you decide to purchase the 3 night plan.  You shouldn't have any problem getting a reservation for Izumi once you board.  Flexibility will be your friend.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, NicolasP said:

Hello, with the 3 night dining package. You have to pay any extra fee when you visit each restaurant? or if you take the package, all food is included?

There are 2 types of restaurants: Those with a cover charge and those where you buy food by the item.

At Cover Charge restaurants, the menu has no prices and the package includes all those items.  However, a few restaurants have a specific item(s) that has an extra cost (the Seafood Tower appetizer at Chops is an example but it isn't available right now).  These will be the only items with prices on the menu and you would pay it even with the package.

At Pay-As-You-Go restaurants, every item on the menu has a price and you can order as much as you like.  Here, the package gives you a credit for a certain amount of food.  For example, at Playmakers, you can spend up to $20 per person with the package.  Anything over that, you would pay for.

• 1 year later...

The wording is really confusing. I bought ultimate dining package before on short cruises and lunches on sea days were included. 

This time I want to try 3-night package on a 7-day cruise. 

From the website:

"

What's Included

• Unlimited visits to specialty dining restaurants every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days.

"

Does this mean I get 3 dinners plus 2 lunches on my 2 sea days? 

Thanks! 

10 hours ago, BFTJPRC said:

The wording is really confusing. I bought ultimate dining package before on short cruises and lunches on sea days were included. 

This time I want to try 3-night package on a 7-day cruise. 

From the website:

"

What's Included

• Unlimited visits to specialty dining restaurants every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days.

"

Does this mean I get 3 dinners plus 2 lunches on my 2 sea days? 

Thanks! 

The use the same wording for all dining packages but each package is what they are. A 3N only gets you 3 meals, the key word in that bullet is unlimited visits. 

• 6 months later...

I' cruising on Adventure of the Sea in February. I'm still confused about " up-charges" after buying the package. I know you have to pay for drinks and gratuities, but what will it cost me normally extra to dine in Chops or the sushi restaurant? Is the package worth the money if you like nicer food?

1 hour ago, BBSMOKE said:

I' cruising on Adventure of the Sea in February. I'm still confused about " up-charges" after buying the package. I know you have to pay for drinks and gratuities, but what will it cost me normally extra to dine in Chops or the sushi restaurant? Is the package worth the money if you like nicer food?

At Chops, the only upcharge you will see is for lobster. For sushi, you can do either their prix fixe with your choice of one small plate, two large plates and a dessert. I believe that there is also an “allowance” option if you don’t want prix fixe. The package is good if you are looking for variety and save some $$. I personally don’t do packages because I like to make my reservations well before I board. Everyone will have varying opinions as to if it is “worth the money” for these restaurants. Some will not go at all…ever. Other go all the time. None of the restaurants are exactly fine dining quality, but I’ve never had any bad meals at one either. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Bill Johnson said:

I booked 3 night dining for my Dec 16-24 cruise on Symphony - can I upgrade to Unlimited Dining online? If so, do I cancel it online and get my money back before booking the unlimited? Just need to know how this works? Thank you all 🙂

You can cancel online. But be aware that the refund can take some time. You would have to buy the new package out of pocket, they don't do an upgrade where you just pay the difference in cost.