LIVEish, 3 Days on Harmony (5/9/2019 or 9/5/2019 better yet May 9, 2019)

CGTLH

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Strawberry covered diabetes for sure..but if you visit Harmony say hi to Leticia in On Air.

She is amazing!

Minor correction: It is Latisha... still great personality and always a pleasure.

8 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Also a gentle reminder... many fine quality posts go unnoticed on the Insiders Facebook group.

Well...I don't know about fine quality...but definitely funny!  I am still trying to "un-see" the one from yesterday (I think) with @Big Dawg Ron in the middle and two people very close to his ears ?

Might be the final farewell from me... until Saturday for Symphony...

Overall impression, seemed different than the 7 day sailings from Port Everglades.

As always it is a blast when sailing with a group with a common denominator, #teamdx really shines. Be it Royal Caribbean Blog group members or #rcperiscopers.

Fitting in all an Oasis class ship has to offer in 3 days is possible. However it is highly not suggested. On the same note it would be great if the Oasis class ships would occasionally offer a 3/4 day offering. I'm sure they could sell these condensed sailings at a premium. Add on I'm sure many might take the opportunity to append or prepend a 7 day sailing to the shorter segment.

Overall these three days were a blur, I'm sure Mr. Patron has something to say about that...

Thanks again for following along!

Any questions just ask and I'm sure I can come up with something that sounds true.

On 5/11/2019 at 11:08 AM, AshleyDillo said:

There are things I saw last night that I don't remember at all.  I was part of an elevator party that I have no recollection of..but there I am in the video....hmmm.

Been there, done that. Love it! 

Also, pics or it didn't happen... On second thought, maybe not! :4_joy:

I just want to drop some final thoughts:

This was my second time on an Oasis class ship (first experience was Symphony).  I guess I'm experiencing them backwards because I have Allure booked for September and Oasis for November (post-AMP).  

I definitely noticed the crowds much more on this cruise than my Thanksgiving cruise on Symphony.  I even overheard some other frequent cruisers discussing this.  I'm assuming since it's a 3-day cruise there's not the relaxed pace of a typical cruise and everyone is trying to cram all the activities in.  They weren't able to offer every experience as often as they would have during a 7-day cruise.  The cruise felt more like a Spring Break cruise than the one I was on during March in Mariner.  Not a complaint in any way, shape or form.  Simply an observation.

Voom worked exceptionally well the majority of the time.  I was able to watch live streams with minimal issue.  I didn't take photos or stream myself as I tend to spectate over participate and I was thoroughly entertained.

Although this was an unofficial group cruise, it was great to be cruising with a bunch of people from this community and the RC Periscopers community.  The entire group was so accommodating and welcoming and it was nice to see friendly faces all over the ship.  It's wonderful to be part of a group that is not concerned about their number of followers and are truly genuine individuals.

If you are on the fence about joining a group cruise or even an unofficial group cruise, I would say do it.  Show up and introduce yourself and other members of your cruising party and you will be welcomed.  You don't even have to throw your SeaPass card down for shots ?

7 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I definitely noticed the crowds much more on this cruise than my Thanksgiving cruise on Symphony.

Could that be because your Genie was missing this time around? ?

7 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you are on the fence about joining a group cruise or even an unofficial group cruise, I would say do it.  Show up and introduce yourself and other members of your cruising party and you will be welcomed.  

Umm..ok...so did you YOLO and book Anthem?? ?

On 5/12/2019 at 6:58 AM, CGTLH said:

Fitting in all an Oasis class ship has to offer in 3 days is possible. However it is highly not suggested. On the same note it would be great if the Oasis class ships would occasionally offer a 3/4 day offering. I'm sure they could sell these condensed sailings at a premium. Add on I'm sure many might take the opportunity to append or prepend a 7 day sailing to the shorter segment.

Oooh, yes, I would love to do that. That would make the perfect length of cruise to enjoy both the ship and the ports. 

I enjoyed following along. Thanks for sharing. ☺️