VOOM - Per Person/Device Confusion???

bsmith1363

Hello, all!

I'm going on my first RC cruise in just a couple weeks (have only been on Carnival previously), and am a little confused about the VOOM internet plans. I hope someone can help me with this, as I'm sure many of you have used it before and will know how it really works.

On RC's website, VOOM is offered at $22.95 per day for 2 devices, but "per person" is also shown on the same page, and I'm not quite sure what this means...

If I purchased the 2 device plan at $22.95/day, would my girlfriend and I both be able to use separate devices on VOOM at one time, or is this not how it works?

We would like to have our phones connected to VOOM so we can communicate when apart from each other on the ship. What would our cheapest option be?

Thanks!

Welcome!

Voom is per device, not per person.  So if you buy the 1 device plan, only one device can be logged in at a time.  It could be your device or your girlfriend's device.  Doesn't matter.  As soon as a second device logs in, it will log out the first device.

If you want 2 devices to be connected at any one time, then go for the 2 devices plan.

Do they have to be the same 2 devices every time?

No, think of it as the number of simultaneous devices that can be logged in at one time. While you're about the ship, you can have your phone connected and the switch to your tablet when you're back in the cabin with the one device plan.

So...the only time you would need to pay for 2 people is if you wanted to be able to have 2 people be online with 2 separate devices at the same time, right ?  So they must charge not only by the number of devices that you logged on, but also by the number of login accounts that are logged in simultaneously ?  Otherwise, you could pay for 2 devices but just 1 person and both use the same login.

So...the only time you would need to pay for 2 people is if you wanted to be able to have 2 people be online with 2 separate devices at the same time, right ?  So they must charge not only by the number of devices that you logged on, but also by the number of login accounts that are logged in simultaneously ?  Otherwise, you could pay for 2 devices but just 1 person and both use the same login.

Yes!

Biggest trick is to remember to log off when you are done. It doesn't log you off automatically. Several times my DW would be logged in on both her phone and her tablet and would forget to log off.