Door Decarations

We've only done DCL cruises where decorating your door was very popular.  Do folks decorate their doors on RCI cruises too?  Is there a Royal Caribbean equivalent of Fish Extenders?  (that's a gift exchange for y'all non-DCL cruisers reading this)

Thank you. 

I have decorated my families doors in the past, too. Graduations, Anniversaries and other special events (see below) have been recognized. I create my signs in MS Word, print on 11x17 paper and laminate. Then I use magnetic strips to adhere to the cabin door. I think it's fun and festive! ?  

That said I am not aware of a Royal Caribbean equivalent to Fish Extenders.

Below is an example of one of my "homemade" signs. This one was for my son and his wife. They now have it on their refrigerator at home. I guess they liked it, too! ?

Cruising 2018.JPG

I ordered this personalized door magnet for $9.00 on Etsy.  It comes with us on every cruise.  Although our last cruise it did not do its job.  We were awoken one night around 3am to a guy mistaking our room for his.  I thought our last name on the door would have been the first clue he had the wrong room.  I'm pretty sure the drink package was involved in that episode!  Anyways, I love our little magnet.  It hangs on the side of our frig until it can cruise again!

Image result for etry bon voyage cruise door magnet

6 hours ago, Vacation Crazy said:

I ordered this personalized door magnet for $9.00 on Etsy.  It comes with us on every cruise.  Although our last cruise it did not do its job.  We were awoken one night around 3am to a guy mistaking our room for his.  I thought our last name on the door would have been the first clue he had the wrong room.  I'm pretty sure the drink package was involved in that episode!  Anyways, I love our little magnet.  It hangs on the side of our frig until it can cruise again!

Image result for etry bon voyage cruise door magnet

Love your magnet! So very cute! And your story made me chuckle! Thanks for sharing!

8 hours ago, D_Hubb said:

I have decorated my families doors in the past, too. Graduations, Anniversaries and other special events (see below) have been recognized. I create my signs in MS Word, print on 11x17 paper and laminate. Then I use magnetic strips to adhere to the cabin door. I think it's fun and festive! ?  

That said I am not aware of a Royal Caribbean equivalent to Fish Extenders.

Below is an example of one of my "homemade" signs. This one was for my son and his wife. They now have it on their refrigerator at home. I guess they liked it, too! ?

Cruising 2018.JPG

Another cute sign! Lots of talent on this blog!

I never did before this year, but got one for the cruise we did with my sister in Jan, I have one for the Grandeur sailing at the end at the end of this month (it’s a ship’s wheel with our surname), and then I have one ready for the ‘19 Thanksgiving cruise with all our names and a happy birthday one for hubby. I had all of them made it at Etsy. But note that the first one that I got did not attach to the NCL Haven cabin door ? I am now prepared with command strips!

On 5/8/2019 at 10:05 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

I tried. I didn't have them on my door for 2 hours before one of them disappeared. 

Keeping in mind what SpeedNoodles said about her door decorations being swiped, I ordered a magnet with our wedding photo on it (Zazzle.com about $5), figuring no one would have any need for it. My husband said, "There, anyone who steals that will just have to be happy for the rest of their lives!" Which pleased me very much. 

17 hours ago, rtread said:

I'm very pleased with the door sign I ordered from Custom Cruise Wear.  Angela was super to work with and very customer oriented. I highly recommend them for door signs and they have a lot more than signs. My wife's sign:

868252268_KatheyBirthdaySign.thumb.jpg.2092840b1cbe1189131e5b7c25033bea.jpg

Another great sign! I’ll have to take and post pics of the signs my sis-in-law did!