Water with DBP

DDaley

I am sailing Freedom in August and purchased the DBP for my boyfriend and I for $44pp/pd. I am a HEAVY water drinker as well as a fairly heavy drinker when it comes to vacation. On a regular day I drink around 96 ounces of water which only goes up when in the sun and drinking cocktails all day! I can easily drink 5-6 cocktails a day to make my break-even price but will be needing upwards of 120 ounces of water a day to try and battle my dehydration. 

How does getting water work while on board? I have heard to ask the bartender for a bottle with each cocktail but how many will they conceivably let me have per day and do they offer any size of bottle larger than a lil 12 oz'er? I will be bringing my Hydroflask of course, but I hate to think of all the waste of those plastic bottles since I could be drinking 10 of them a day. 

I am not a bottled water snob by any means (San Diego county tap water tastes great to me!) so how do people who haven't purchased a drink package get water? Are there filling stations for bottles like you find in an airport? I LOVE THOSE. 

SOS! As a strictly water and liquor drinker I need to know the other half of my beverage choices is also easily obtainable. Thanks for any thoughts! ?

You will have NO issues finding water, I have found that certain Coke Freestyle machines will dispense water (yes even if you don't have a drink package)  if you look at the screen some will have a small blue water button on the main screen, so you will be able to tell immediately when you walk up to it.  Second I also carry a YETI (or similar) cup or drink bottle and use it heavily. You can also get water at Cafe Promenade, they usually have a water station there, to be honest unless you are on a very small ship such as Majesty of the Seas there will be places that you can get water in far more spots that you think.  It seriously is not an issue whatsoever!  We do not get the drink package and are about to go on our 10th and have not had an issue finding water yet! 

1 hour ago, DDaley said:

I am sailing Freedom in August and purchased the DBP for my boyfriend and I for $44pp/pd. I am a HEAVY water drinker as well as a fairly heavy drinker when it comes to vacation. On a regular day I drink around 96 ounces of water which only goes up when in the sun and drinking cocktails all day! I can easily drink 5-6 cocktails a day to make my break-even price but will be needing upwards of 120 ounces of water a day to try and battle my dehydration. 

How does getting water work while on board? I have heard to ask the bartender for a bottle with each cocktail but how many will they conceivably let me have per day and do they offer any size of bottle larger than a lil 12 oz'er? I will be bringing my Hydroflask of course, but I hate to think of all the waste of those plastic bottles since I could be drinking 10 of them a day. 

I am not a bottled water snob by any means (San Diego county tap water tastes great to me!) so how do people who haven't purchased a drink package get water? Are there filling stations for bottles like you find in an airport? I LOVE THOSE. 

SOS! As a strictly water and liquor drinker I need to know the other half of my beverage choices is also easily obtainable. Thanks for any thoughts! ?

I was just on Freedom last week and I can tell you that the ship's water (out of the faucet) was terrible.  Normally ships' water is very drinkable but on Freedom last week and on Liberty the last time we were on that ship, the water was skunky.  I definitely recommend getting a beverage package if you are a big water drinker.

Yes, getting bottles of water won't be an issue. Size wise it is the half liter/16.9 oz bottles of generic brand filtered water.

Limits, none. Asking kindly I've been able to get more than one bottle at a time. Only major challenge can be later at night once the bars start to shutdown.

20 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I was just on Freedom last week and I can tell you that the ship's water (out of the faucet) was terrible

Aw, rats. Do you think I could get a cocktail and 2 bottles of water on one drink package transaction? My cruising companion drinks just as much water as I do. 

16 hours ago, DDaley said:

Aw, rats. Do you think I could get a cocktail and 2 bottles of water on one drink package transaction? My cruising companion drinks just as much water as I do. 

I guess my question back to you is, does your traveling companion plan on purchasing the DBP too ?  If so, you can get 2 bottles of water provided you produce both Seapass cards to the server at the time you get your drink. If your companion is not buying the pkg then it would not be ethical to get a bottle of water for him/her on your pkg. 

we just got back from LIberty last week and with the Deluxe package, all we were only ever able to get one bottle per card on the plan.   that being said, you can always hit multiple spots and grab an extra that way.   i always took my back pack down to the promenade with me each morning when i got coffee and asked for 2 bottles and would then hit Sorrento's up for another 2 bottles as well.    

On the Allure we were able to get one bottle/per card/per bar visit and I believe we were able to get more than one as we were exiting the ships for port call.    There was no limit so we would stockpile bottles for the room.  There are plenty of recycle containers on the pool deck.

14 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I guess my question back to you is, does your traveling companion plan on purchasing the DBP too ?  If so, you can get 2 bottles of water provided you produce both Seapass cards to the server at the time you get your drink. If your companion is not buying the pkg then it would not be ethical to get a bottle of water for him/her on your pkg. 

Yes, we will both have it! Forgot that of course I would need to present his seapass card to receive 2 drinks. Thanks so much. 

My family basically only drinks water, occasional soda (no alcohol). We always want bottled water in the room. My wife does like the occasional speciality tea.

Can anyone tell me how much bottled water would cost on the ships (first RCL sailing, on Oasis in Med next month)? Trying to decide if it is worth it to pay $20pppd for bottled water. Each person would likely drink at least four bottles per day.

Also, what drinks are included with meals in main dining and buffet, or is this extra as well?

Thanks

On 5/11/2019 at 8:53 AM, nblobstr said:

My family basically only drinks water, occasional soda (no alcohol). We always want bottled water in the room. My wife does like the occasional speciality tea.

Can anyone tell me how much bottled water would cost on the ships (first RCL sailing, on Oasis in Med next month)? Trying to decide if it is worth it to pay $20pppd for bottled water. Each person would likely drink at least four bottles per day.

Also, what drinks are included with meals in main dining and buffet, or is this extra as well?

Thanks

Included in the MDR are the same beverages that are included elsewhere.  Ice tea, lemonade, water, coffee, tea.  That's about it.  

I think the last time we purchased a bottle of water it was just under $3 with gratuity.  This was in January on Brilliance. 

My husband and I only drink water and have never sailed on RCI. We will be on Harmony of the Seas - what kind of options would we have for water? We plan on carrying on the max that we can but on a 7 night cruise that won’t last. Can we fill up Yeti cups somewhere or will we need to pay? On our Disney cruise we didn’t have to pay unless we wanted cases delivered. 

5 hours ago, monctonguy said:

holy..120oz of water a day? I don't drink that in a month...not maybe a in a year....seriously!!....if your talking just pure water...

now 120 oz of booze/mix...yeah....every day on a cruise!..

I used to drink that much water in a day. It usually had carbonation and caffeine in it, but I gave up soda.

1 hour ago, DDaley said:

Wow! haha it's only 10:20am and I have had about 45 ounces already. Give your body that delicious H20, Monctonguy! 

I get at a minimum 90oz per day, usually 120, when your body gets used to it, it is not a big deal, I do not drink soda, maybe a coffee or an iced tea on the weekend.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:25 PM, DDaley said:

Wow! haha it's only 10:20am and I have had about 45 ounces already. Give your body that delicious H20, Monctonguy! 

I don't know how ppl drink that much.,...a 12 oz bottle of water lasts me a week or two on average.....I mean, yes, I get water in coffee that I drink during the day..but pure water....I don't drink 120 oz of total liquid a day...prob closer to 20 oz max..

I guess if you add in summertime and hang overs maybe a little more but....