Drink package deal

It really depends on the cruise and the ship, but the lowest I have seen lately for my cruises was $46, it has since gone back up to $52 and is now back down to $49.

@Lovetocruise2002 posted on another thread that anything less than $49 is going to be a good price.

The only other time I have seen it less than $46 was on the Black Friday sales.

4 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

It really depends on the cruise and the ship, but the lowest I have seen lately for my cruises was $46, it has since gone back up to $52 and is now back down to $49.

@Lovetocruise2002 posted on another thread that anything less than $49 is going to be a good price.

My thanksgiving cruise is showing as 49 now.

1 hour ago, LindaN said:

My thanksgiving cruise is showing as 49 now.

If you're thinking about getting the deluxe beverage package, I'd strongly recommend grabbing it while it's that price. Both of my cruises last year went as low as $42/night, but this year I'm not seeing anything less than $52 and I'm 164 days out. @Todd W, that price is the BOGO50 rate, so clearly Anthem 5-nighter is still charging a strong premium over ships like Liberty for 7 nights.

@LindaN, as you can see it does vary by ship, trip length, and even sail date; but it's pretty clear that Royal is pretty much done with prices in the low 40's. Todd's reported price is the first I've seen this year that was that low.

1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

Yes.  Those are the "good prices" I noticed.  $46-$47 was only during Black Friday.

Sailing the Independence next week out of the U.K. and I haven't seen it under $54 for all the months I've been watching.  Mid $40's is my limit so looks like no Deluxe pkg this trip.  

Last spring on a port heavy cruise on the Jewel we did manage to score the Deluxe pkg for $38/day which is the best I've ever seen.  

We grabbed 44 on our 7 day allure on a regular sale.  We have purchased it for 48 on the 12 night med cruise on vision (we then booked the pkg and 1 device for 57) but I would love for it to drop...it’s a ridiculous amount to pay for 12 days!  Jane

Are prices usually higher or lower for longer cruises?

My 9 night south pacific cruise has been sitting around $45USD ($76AUD, all Aus prices are inclusive of gratuity) for a few months now, and it's still 225 days out. I've already purchased, but still waiting to see if it will drop any more as the sailing gets closer. I've seen a post on the FB group for this cruise that some people have even seen it at $68AUD ($39USD ex gratuity). 

3 minutes ago, Vanessa77 said:

Are prices usually higher or lower for longer cruises?

My 9 night south pacific cruise has been sitting around $45USD ($76AUD, all Aus prices are inclusive of gratuity) for a few months now, and it's still 225 days out. I've already purchased, but still waiting to see if it will drop any more as the sailing gets closer. I've seen a post on the FB group for this cruise that some people have even seen it at $68AUD ($39USD ex gratuity). 

I haven’t noticed a difference btw long and short.  There is lots of flux on both as well depending on the sale!  Jane

The cheapest we've seen the DBP was $45 when they had a 30% off sale last month.

We had originally purchased it at the BOGO 50% price of $49 (which is effectively only 25% off), but when it dropped to $46 (30% off) a couple of months ago, I cancelled/repurchased.

... then it dropped to $45 (another 30% off sale). Thanks again @b_resh_uh! I guess due to rounding, sometimes the 30% off sale comes in at $45 and at other times $46. I cancelled/repurchased again for that whopping extra $1 off! It all adds up! :27_sunglasses:

To add to what has already been said, I have found over the last year that a "good price" also depends on the ship.  I've noticed that Oasis and Quantum class ships tend to charge more for the drink packages.  So a "good price" on Harmony might be $49 vs. Enchantment, a "good price" might be lower.  Not sure if there is truth to this, just something I have noticed based on my own sailings and what others have posted over the last year.

Buy it when you can at whatever price seems "good" to you. You can always rebook later if the price drops, usually with sales around holidays like Memorial Day or Fourth of July. 

Everybody wants a "good" price, but you are the only one who has to be happy with the price. If you didn't book it at the lowest price it could have been, just have a few extra drinks to make up the difference, sit back and enjoy yourself. Don't over think it. 

Starting to watch mine now for Harmony...190 days out...$52 with the sale......really hoping to see it in the 40"s but doubt it.....going to keep watching..hoping for a good Labour Day sale perhaps?...

Keep in mind you can always book it and then cancel and re-book at a lower price as well....

It seems to me that the really short cruises (3 and 4 day) DO have higher DBP prices. We are doing B2B NAV cruises in June/July and the 3 nighter is more than the 4 nighter even though the 4 nighter covers July 4th. It causes me a bit of concern that the 3 nighter will be a booze cruise filled with partiers. Oh well...if it is I guess I will have learned my lesson on short, short cruises. 

On 5/9/2019 at 8:54 AM, Hutcherl said:

Going on Harmony next month.  Purchased it a $52.  Booked this cruise in 2017 and I have only seen two prices- $52 and $56.  Monitored closely since booking

Harmony in September has been 49 or 52.

On the bright side, refreshment package is at $20, which is a pretty good deal IMO.  $10 a day over the refreshment package.  worth it for the bottled water and a mocktail or 2 per day.

If some rum appears in my shampoo bottle and finds its way into that mocktail... so sorry!

4 minutes ago, Constantino said:

Harmony in September has been 49 or 52.

On the bright side, refreshment package is at $20, which is a pretty good deal IMO.  $10 a day over the refreshment package.  worth it for the bottled water and a mocktail or 2 per day.

If some rum appears in my shampoo bottle and finds its way into that mocktail... so sorry!

I agree with the $20 for the refreshment package bring a good price.  

I know of some that get there liquor smuggled in in all sorts of ways.  Even some kind of sealing device that can reseal a wine bottle like it was never opened.  They empty the wine and add their liquor of choice.  

No matter what I would do to disguise, I would get busted no matter how clever I would think I was being.  Then my wife would absolutely want to throw me overboard!  Too much stress for me! Lol

On 5/10/2019 at 2:05 PM, Hutcherl said:

I agree with the $20 for the refreshment package bring a good price.  

I know of some that get there liquor smuggled in in all sorts of ways.  Even some kind of sealing device that can reseal a wine bottle like it was never opened.  They empty the wine and add their liquor of choice.  

No matter what I would do to disguise, I would get busted no matter how clever I would think I was being.  Then my wife would absolutely want to throw me overboard!  Too much stress for me! Lol

yeah, in reality, I do the wine bottle thing, its pretty fool proof, I always carry my luggage onto the ship myself, because I dont want to wait for it or risk something happening to it.  wine comes with, they glance at it for all of .3seconds and on our way. Most cases, I feel confident I could smuggle 3pounds of cocaine in my backpack...  but Im good with just 1.5l of rum

1 hour ago, foxrunner said:

This year, New Years Cruise 7 night on Allure and the DDP is stuck at $56 per day. We booked this year in March. Royal's claim is that this is 20% off, will it drop?

The Refreshment Package is $26 at 10% off , and again will it drop?

Holiday sailings tend not to drop in price.  That being said, keep checking your cruise planner and you can re-price up until 2-3 days before your sailing.