Dress code

You can absolutely wear shorts around the ship in the evening.  The issue is going to the main dining room or specialty restaurant. Feel free to wear shorts to the Windjammer or any other casual venue.

In the main dining room or specialty restaurant, shorts are ambiguously not mentioned as prohibited or approved.  So it ends up being vague as to if it's allowed.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

So it ends up being vague as to if it's allowed.

4 minutes ago, Mljstr said:

What about shorts on a teenage boy in MTD?

It's all very nebulous.  As Matt says, shorts aren't specified as either allowed or prohibited in the MDR, it's more of "we'd rather not see them".  But I saw shorts and t-shirts in the MDR, in Chops, in Giovannis.  So I think you'd be good.  There's always the possibility that an individual ship/MDR may say no but we haven't heard much of that on the boards.

I know it's a very wishy-washy response but it's a vague "code" to begin with.

My 12YO grandson, he brought nice polo golf shirts and golf shorts with 1 pair of khaki pants. We ate at specialty restaurants every night.

On non-formal night he wore the golf shorts, on the 2 formal nights he wore the khaki pants (Pictures), and then as soon as dinner was over he and I both went back to the room to change into shorts.

Other passengers or crew never gave him a second glance about his dress.

38403158_513449.jpg