Paying down/off Sea Pass aboard ship

From our experience it can depend upon how you answered some questions in checking in.

We are from Canada and there is a question at the bottom of the online check in asking if you want RCL to charge your credit card in USD or use their exchange rate to convert to your credit card currency (in our case CAD).

I have gone to Guest Services on-board to confirm my preference (mostly because our credit card gives extra cash back for USD spending).

22 hours ago, Marc Van Niekerk said:

From our experience it can depend upon how you answered some questions in checking in.

We are from Canada and there is a question at the bottom of the online check in asking if you want RCL to charge your credit card in USD or use their exchange rate to convert to your credit card currency (in our case CAD).

I have gone to Guest Services on-board to confirm my preference (mostly because our credit card gives extra cash back for USD spending).

Its been a few years since I cruised but have they changed their policy on making payments on your sea pass cards? I too have always selected credit card payment, however ion the past during the cruise I've gone to guest services and paid down some of the charges in cash. My original question about paying some of it in Erous was because all the port we  hit use euros but not at the origin UK. Changing back into US dollars here in the States is a lose lose

44 minutes ago, markm said:

Its been a few years since I cruised but have they changed their policy on making payments on your sea pass cards? I too have always selected credit card payment, however ion the past during the cruise I've gone to guest services and paid down some of the charges in cash. My original question about paying some of it in Erous was because all the port we  hit use euros but not at the origin UK. Changing back into US dollars here in the States is a lose lose

Didn't quite understand that from your original question. 

I haven't used my cash to pay down at guest services, however I do believe that is still an option.