Perfect Day - Thrill (teens on their own?)

Cjd

Hi all

I know it only opened this week but looking at this place looks fantastic.  My kids are 17 and 15 and looking forward to this but the terms say under 18s need an adult!  I have zero desire to speng $65 for me to watch them and for then for my wife to be alone or $130 for us both to watch them.  If anyone has been can you let me know...

1) can we drop them off?

2) is it restritcted entrance or just restricted rides... so like Magic KIngdom, you all pay.  Or Fun Spot, where you only pay for rides?

I would understand the rule for under 13s.  Just wondering if anyone had expereince of this.

Thanks

I don’t know but I’m betting they’re pretty strict on having an adult present. On Liberty a few years ago we had two cousins along- 18 and 17 1/2. The 17 was not allowed anywhere the 18 could go not even ice skating so the 18 had to go to the kids skating and other events. 

I imagine they will want you there in case of an emergency. 

Just guessin’.!

I am in the exact same boat. Even Disney World and Disneyland is 14 and under.

I have a 15 and 17 as well.

It doesn’t seem like an adult has to stay or even ride the slides with them. They just have to enter the park with an adult. I have no intention of sliding. So paying $60 tax so they can get in is ridiculous. I explained this to my daughter and she was like just cancel it. 

I had the water park and zip line for both of them along with the balloon for all 4 of us and the beach bed. Which I couldn’t enjoy with my wife. 

I sent them an email. If they can’t just let me Sign them in without paying $60, I am canceling the lot. And we will just enjoy the free beach and pool. 

I know this only affects a small group and I happened to be in that group. So I don’t expect much understanding. But that’s ok. 

Have you checked your cruise planner lately?  I know prices vary ship to ship, sailing date to sailing date, but right now for my cruise date in July, the full day Thrill is 47 a day.  Doing my math you paid $120 for just the kids.  You can pay 20 bucks more, and walk them in without your wife.

I am in now way condoning that,  but as I stated in the other post this is where I see flaws in the system.  Parents with kids, such as, your children's age, I would have no problem saying, Dad and I are going get a bite to eat and will be back in X amt of time.  Hence, they are leaving the kids unattended.  Are they now going to police everybody exiting for lunch or to go over to Oasis, or Chill,, or Parasailing, etc?  IOWS, scan your seapass as you exit, and say....oops you have kids under 18 in here, you need to take them with you.  A single parent with 2 children, could take 1 child to the inner tube ride, while the eldest child of 14 decides to do the daredevil.  Thus, they will be separated too.  

It is not a small area.  

Flip side, I can see the corporate perspective.  The insurance for the expansion is probably out the door crazy.  By not only stating the rules prior to check out on your cruise planner, and than checking to make sure that there is someone over 18 with the minor (sea pas and photo id)  they limit their liability.    You choose to leave them alone, than legally they did cover their arse from a liability aspect.

I do get the angst, but from a corporate aspect, I get their side more.  Where is the line you draw?  Draw at 17, and someone will say, but my kid is 16 yrs old 10 mos, let them go.  They re-draw at 16, and now somebody says, but my 15 yo ….  it really doesn't end.

OBTW, I do get it.  My 2 oldest, incl. my DD that got injured at Disney were certified life guards by their 16th birthday.  They worked for the Y when they were in HS until they started college.  Between them they had 23 saves.  SO, yeah, it would infuriate me too, because basically at home, they were the ones that would save your life in a pool, but with RCCL they would need Mom or Dad to be there.

12 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

Have you checked your cruise planner lately?  I know prices vary ship to ship, sailing date to sailing date, but right now for my cruise date in July, the full day Thrill is 47 a day.  Doing my math you paid $120 for just the kids.  You can pay 20 bucks more, and walk them in without your wife.

I am in now way condoning that,  but as I stated in the other post this is where I see flaws in the system.  Parents with kids, such as, your children's age, I would have no problem saying, Dad and I are going get a bite to eat and will be back in X amt of time.  Hence, they are leaving the kids unattended.  Are they now going to police everybody exiting for lunch or to go over to Oasis, or Chill,, or Parasailing, etc?  IOWS, scan your seapass as you exit, and say....oops you have kids under 18 in here, you need to take them with you.  A single parent with 2 children, could take 1 child to the inner tube ride, while the eldest child of 14 decides to do the daredevil.  Thus, they will be separated too.  

It is not a small area.  

Flip side, I can see the corporate perspective.  The insurance for the expansion is probably out the door crazy.  By not only stating the rules prior to check out on your cruise planner, and than checking to make sure that there is someone over 18 with the minor (sea pas and photo id)  they limit their liability.    You choose to leave them alone, than legally they did cover their arse from a liability aspect.

I do get the angst, but from a corporate aspect, I get their side more.  Where is the line you draw?  Draw at 17, and someone will say, but my kid is 16 yrs old 10 mos, let them go.  They re-draw at 16, and now somebody says, but my 15 yo ….  it really doesn't end.

OBTW, I do get it.  My 2 oldest, incl. my DD that got injured at Disney were certified life guards by their 16th birthday.  They worked for the Y when they were in HS until they started college.  Between them they had 23 saves.  SO, yeah, it would infuriate me too, because basically at home, they were the ones that would save your life in a pool, but with RCCL they would need Mom or Dad to be there.

My 17 year old daughter has also been on the swim team at our local pool since 8 years old and is also a certified life guard.

For full disclosure on price. This is what I paid.

Thrill Water Park & Zip line package total $81/PP (WP 47 & ZL 34) which is a good deal.

They have removed half day TWP options from the planners and now TWP Full Day is $58.

So that is the tax it would cost me to "Walk" my kids in.

Not sure where you come up with 20 bucks more.

@JoeFan

Every sailing and every ship has different price points.  I was using my cruise as an example.

Before they ceased the 1/2 day, full day was $73.99 just a few weeks ago.  Now it has dropped to 46.99 for a full day.  A $27 pp savings.  Thus, prior it would be @150 for 2, and now for 3 it would be 141, and for 4 it would be 188.   

In essence as I stated before, you could cancel and re-purchase for all 3 if it was running like mine at $47.  Your bill was originally 120, if it was going for 47. than it would be 141 aka 20 bucks more.

Now you may say, that my wife won't be able to be with me, and so I need 4.   However, If you read how I see flaws in this system.  That is one of them.  You can walk in, drop them off and meet your wife at the Oasis pool or on Chill Island beach loungers.  I doubt they are going to say, hey, you came in with 2 kids and now those 2 kids must exit with you.   Your kids can go to you wherever you desire or 1 of you can go to them and give updates of where to find you.

I don't know when your cruise is, but sometimes the sales promotions will change it up.  RCCL has a target revenue for everything, including excursions.  If they are not selling to their expectations than they may place that item on sale at a lower price for that ship and that cruise date.   IE let's say your cruise is Aug 2019 on Mariner, which would be the only ship in port.  Come Memorial Day or 4th of July they may drop it to what my current sailing is at 46.99.  Hence, see above, you would be  paying 20 more for 3 tickets.  Do not read more into that than it just being an example.  Just like mine right now is $12 cheaper than yours.

I understand your frustration, cruising seems at FIRST like a cheap vacation, but than when you start adding in beverage packages, specialty dinners, excursions it becomes a lot more than you ever intended in the 1st place. 

I hope you don't cancel everything.  Coco Cay is an AHHHmazing island. I have been there before when we had to tender.  We have done different excursions there, our last one was parasailing and it was worth ever single penny.  This time our big item is a cabana on Chill because we did parasailing there, so no need to do the balloon ride.  We have done the swim with sting rays and dolphins on prior cruises.  We will be doing snorkeling in Bermuda on this cruise.  Hence,  our splurge is the cabana.

I also would again say if you go to FB every ship has their own group page, and many have a group page for that actual sail date.  You will be able to find even more info for you and your family.  IE many discuss ages of their kids.  The Thrill Island says must be accompanied with an adult.   You don't know, maybe there is a passenger that is on your sailing and has a 19 and 17 yo.  This works 2 ways.  1. You know there will be kids in their age group they can hang with.  2. You can ask them if their 19 yo would walk into Thrill with them since legally the 19 yo is an adult, and now you don't need to buy another pass for Thrill.

It is also great because you start to make friendships prior to the cruise.  On my sailing we already have a pub crawl set up on the 3rd night for our 8 night cruise.   

• 2 weeks later...

We are going in July with 2 16yo boys...I am not at all interested in water slides.  I originally booked the beach loungers for 2 ($33) for my self and booked for the 2 boys and the hubby to spend the day at the water park.  They will also be doing the zip line. 

I watched @Matt's live Facebook videos from the weekend at CocoCay and have totally changed my mind about what we will do.  I am cancelling the beach loungers and will get a ticket for me for the water park now also.  There are other things to do besides the slides, I will be able to walk around and take photos AND still leave and find places to "rest" in the sun with a pretty drink in my hand.  Plus, that way we can  all be together even tho I won't be "enjoying" the slides. The Water Park ticket only costs $11 more than the beach loungers and there are plenty of other places now for me to "lounge".