Purchase photos after cruise?

4 minutes ago, marti314 said:

NO you can not but that would be a genius idea for RCL to publish your photos on your PAST CRUISE history and let you purchase them digitally after the fact.

I don't disagree it would be a profit center but this is Royal we are talking about.  They struggle with a basic website.  

...and why in the world - with all of the technology of today - is RC still printing photos and putting them up on boards ?!  What a waste of paper and time.  On Freedom last week we passed through the photo area and couldn’t believe they are still putting photos up for people to search through.  What an archaic and wasteful process !  

57 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

...and why in the world - with all of the technology of today - is RC still printing photos and putting them up on boards ?!  What a waste of paper and time.  On Freedom last week we passed through the photo area and couldn’t believe they are still putting photos up for people to search through.  What an archaic and wasteful process !  

Is this the only way to purchase photos on the ship?  By going through hundreds to find yours??  I plan to buy a couple formal photos but not sure what the actual process entails. This sounds exhausting! 

29 minutes ago, SLJ said:

Is this the only way to purchase photos on the ship?  By going through hundreds to find yours??  I plan to buy a couple formal photos but not sure what the actual process entails. This sounds exhausting! 

Depending on the ship, they should have terminals to view them at that will have an order button and check out. Some ships still have the terminals and the printed copies.

On Allure in January my Wife and I knew we had taken a specific picture on a formal night (My Wife knew because she had bought the dress specifically for that purpose.), we didn't see the picture on the terminal and thus went to the printed pictures and they were there. Really no rhyme or reason.

4 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

On Brilliance, we were actually able to find our photos on a monitor that they had, oh, but don't get me wrong, they also had the printed ones on the wall, but this way was so much easier.  We picked the ones we liked, and they printed and held them till the last day, just in case there may be more that we would like to purchase.  So easy.

2 hours ago, coneyraven said:

On Brilliance, we were actually able to find our photos on a monitor that they had, oh, but don't get me wrong, they also had the printed ones on the wall, but this way was so much easier.  We picked the ones we liked, and they printed and held them till the last day, just in case there may be more that we would like to purchase.  So easy.

Recently on Explorer they had gone all digital -- just swipe your SeaPass at the monitor and you could see your photos. They no longer had the ability to print them out at all.

Also, this meant that at least once on the trip you had to give the photographer your room number. After that, the facial recognition software did a decent job of collecting all your photos. (The other option was find a photo by scrolling endlessly through the unmatched photos, finding one of you, "claiming" it, and then waiting 24 hours for the system to collect your other pics. Not very instant gratification-like!)

Photos are handled by a different company, The Image Group, who handle this service for most of the cruise lines out there. 

So we can't blame Royal Caribbean's crummy software developers for this.  The Image Group has their own terrible IT department.

• 8 months later...

Totally agree... We just went on Allure for Xmas. Bought pics onboard to download when we returned. Onboard couldn't find pics from one spot... Tried the missing photos section on the kiosk and it didn't find them, prints didn't have them either.  Waited in line and they couldn't find em and said they must not have come though... Get home to download and there are the missing pics... And they are good.  Argh.  Would have bought 3 or 4 more but it won't let me....so frustrating.