Anthem post hotel and air

We are going to book on Anthem 12 night Transatlantic April 12, 2020. We are considering a post cruise booking in London. Our TA tells us it is too early to get a quote for the hotel and for Air2Sea. When do those prices usually get posted. We don't want to put down our deposit until we get a better idea of the total.

It's getting close to airfare booking windows.  Delta for example is accepting reservations through April 1st 2020.  In another two weeks that will extend out to mid-April.  By this time next month April 24-28 should be bookable.  

You might want to wait a bit and monitor prices.  Airfare is often priced high this far away since they are unsure what might happen with fuel prices so they protect themselves by increasing rates.  As it gets closer they have a better idea what might occur and they often lower prices.  

BTW - I'm also booked on that TA.

12 hours ago, twangster said:

I've booked the cruise fully refundable.  Once I can secure decent airfare I'll consider switching to NRD.  Best of both worlds and it protects me against price increases with little risk while grabbing the cabin I want.

I didn't know you could do that! I will have my TA check into it for me. Thanks.

I'm not a huge fan of putting a third party in between me and my air or hotel, but I understand how it could work with a TA cruise due to price advantages...with regards to the airfare. What I don't get is how it gives any advantages to the hotel. Are you attempting to book this all together for ease or because of an assumed price break on the hotel? If the latter, I would urge you to do your research and look at hotel prices directly, as an increasing number of hotels around the world give price breaks for booking directly with them...including many hotels in London. There's also some fantastic Airbnb locations in London that offer reasonable prices.

As always, do your research, and if you feel booking it all through the cruise line gives you a big advantage, go for it...it's your money.

2 minutes ago, Zacharius said:

I'm not a huge fan of putting a third party in between me and my air or hotel, but I understand how it could work with a TA cruise due to price advantages...with regards to the airfare. What I don't get is how it gives any advantages to the hotel. Are you attempting to book this all together for ease or because of an assumed price break on the hotel? If the latter, I would urge you to do your research and look at hotel prices directly, as an increasing number of hotels around the world give price breaks for booking directly with them...including many hotels in London. There's also some fantastic Airbnb locations in London that offer reasonable prices.

As always, do your research, and if you feel booking it all through the cruise line gives you a big advantage, go for it...it's your money.

While true for US consumers, in some countries there are extra protection mechanisms in place for travelers buying a combo package.  

For some travelers visiting a foreign country it's easier to let an agent handle it rather than investigating a foreign country or city, good locations versus bad locations, etc.

59 minutes ago, Mljstr said:

I didn't know you could do that! I will have my TA check into it for me. Thanks.

Looks like the extra cost for refundable is currently around $260 per cabin.  However since it's fully refundable there is no risk.  You can always cancel it and get your deposit back or convert it to non-refundable and seek the lower fare.  You do have to be willing to float the deposit on a credit card though.  Sometimes the prices increase for NRD over time so it doesn't make sense to convert it months later.

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

For some travelers visiting a foreign country it's easier to let an agent handle it rather than investigating a foreign country or city, good locations versus bad locations, etc.

This is true for me, I have a 13 night, June 2020 cruise planned on Anthem out of Southampton, I will have my TA book airfare, hotel (Pre and post) as well as transportation to and from the pier to the hotel. I do this for simplicity reasons, I plan on staying in London, I don't know London, my TA has experience herself and with her clients, so I will let her do it. I did the same thing in 2016 on a cruise out of Barcelona and it worked very well.

I will do my research and give her an idea of Hotels I think I might like as well as flights and flight times I would prefer.

If it is a Caribbean or domestic vacation I always book my hotel and airfare direct, I'm comfortable making those decisions because I have done it multiple times before.

Sometimes booking a package deal is the right way to go.

We are not super adventurous travelers and like the security of booking the hotel and air for a European cruise through the cruise line. We probably pay a little more but for us it is easier and brings some peace of mind. We did the same in Rome last year and were very happy with the hotels, pre and post, the airfare and schedule and transportation to and from the port. For the US and Caribbean we are on it! But not comfortable with Europe. 

I think a TA is most beneficial for Europe. If anything goes awry, I would hope I could call on her and she would lead us in the right direction.