Wireless headsets for watching TV??

Hi, in our house, I love silence but my hubby loves to have the news on all day, so I bought him a "marriage saver," i.e. a wireless headset so that he can listen to the news and I don't have to. The base plugs into the audio output jack on the tv set and he walks around with the headset on. The result: harmony. Is there an audio output on the tv in the stateroom, and can we bring a wireless headset with jack onboard?

• 3 months later...

Iv heard the HDMI are disabled but Ive seen on youtube you can still use them (just need to buy an universal remote. I think its a Samsung TV or Sharp TV.

I am not sure why you would *need or want* to do that on a cruise? 

Not to be mean but if you wanna do that why be on a cruise? (talking about the wireless tv headset) Also iv would think you can pick up other FM transmitted stuff like radio and other stuff on the ship maybe.

Just finished cruise on Ovation. Universal remote does not give full access to the tv. If you can even reach hdmi slots on tv you may be able to switch inputs. But the Samsung’s onboard  are pretty locked down. Remember years ago when hotel TVs had a special remote to get access which is difficult to get. 

Thanks for all your responses. My hubby claims to be coming along on this cruise very reluctantly, because he hated every one of his 1,461 days aboard a U.S. Navy oil tanker. He's the one who wanted to know if he could bring his headset. I plan to send him on a reconnaissance tour of the ship while I soak up the view from our balcony. I expect he'll relax and find great spots and then we'll both have a wonderful time. 

13 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I’ll bet he ends up loving it !  My husband did not want to go on our first cruise.  His mother (a world Class world traveler) had convinced him that cruising was frivolous and cultureless.  She was wrong. I was right. 

??

I'm counting on it! I think we'll have a wonderful time . . . and that it will be NOTHING like the navy!!! ?