Super Mario is Super!

1 hour ago, mbk999 said:

Yeah, that's incredible.  Nice life if you can swing it.

I think it’s a bit of a statement bit to modern technology and workplace norms, plus Royal’s investment in WiFi on board their ships.

Mario still works, even if only a few hours a day, as an investment manager (in a hedge fund?); that space marked as his office really is an office for him, and that’s something that technologically would have been inconceivable just 10-15 years ago. Never mind the societal aspect, as no self-respecting “business” or investment professional worked anywhere but an office not that long ago either.

He’s got other factors working in his favor, of course. But those other two are something that really make it possible for a lot more people than previously to at least make an attempt at that kind of lifestyle if they chose. It’s definitely got trade-offs, but he might just be the first in a whole group of people who decide to make this their way of living.

3 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I think it’s a bit of a statement bit to modern technology and workplace norms, plus Royal’s investment in WiFi on board their ships.

Definitely.  It's a different (potential) reality out there now now.  Good for him as he's made it work.

22 hours ago, MindiLou said:

I met him on the Navigator.  He said he is going to be on that ship for the next 6 months!  

No wonder he has 8,000

20 hours ago, RickinSTL said:

That's almost 22 years at sea.. Hats off to Mario 

Somebody should ask him if he's tired of the MDR menu! ?