Suggestions for San Juan Puerto Rico

12thman

I’m looking for suggestions for Puerto Rico, not into swimming or very strenuous activity. I’d enjoy learning about the island or seeing the sights. If you had a good/bad experience on a excursion please let me know.

Scroll down... This topic has come up a lot with the allure itinerary changes.  You can totally walk around old San Juan and hit one or two forts.  There is also a free trolley but it can get crowded.  We haven't done any excursions so I can't suggest on that but San Juan is one of my favorite ports!  Jane

Eat.  Seriously, there are a ton of options, from shaved ice on the street (snow cone) to super expensive restaurants. Or go have a drink.

Have a Mallorca sandwich, it's a breakfast sandwich.  It's great, if you like bread, ham, eggs, and swiss cheese. I like Cafe Bombadera on Calle San Francisco. Cafe Mallorca is good too.  Order coffee, too.

It's a nice port to walk, but you need to be able to walk uphill and on cobbled surfaces, as most streets are made of old ship ballast, and the sidewalks are narrow and there are curbs.

Both Forts are nice to see, you can enter both for $7.00,  look for the golf cart that is currently operating on the trolley route to fetch a ride up to the fort, or get a taxi.

The rain forest is nice, but it takes time to get there and back on a bus.. 

We went for pizza at Pizza Rustica, and I proceeded to fold my slice in half before biting into my pizza, and I got a few chuckles.

7 minutes ago, Mrs. RoyalMoyal said:

Eat.  Seriously, there are a ton of options, from shaved ice on the street (snow cone) to super expensive restaurants. Or go have a drink.

Have a Mallorca sandwich, it's a breakfast sandwich.  It's great, if you like bread, ham, eggs, and swiss cheese. I like Cafe Bombadera on Calle San Francisco. Cafe Mallorca is good too.  Order coffee, too.

It's a nice port to walk, but you need to be able to walk uphill and on cobbled surfaces, as most streets are made of old ship ballast, and the sidewalks are narrow and there are curbs.

Both Forts are nice to see, you can enter both for $7.00,  look for the golf cart that is currently operating on the trolley route to fetch a ride up to the fort, or get a taxi.

The rain forest is nice, but it takes time to get there and back on a bus.. 

We went for pizza at Pizza Rustica, and I proceeded to fold my slice in half before biting into my pizza, and I got a few chuckles.

Thank you for the suggestions! 

@12thman if you want to eat and see old san juan I suggest doing the old san juan food tour

https://sanjuanfoodtours.com/old-san-juan-food-tour/

They offer this through the cruise line too.

I would suggest booking it independently though for a few reasons...  #1 it is cheaper if you do it independently.  #2 you get more stops than through the cruise line.

I just did this on my cruise in April and we had a great time!

21 minutes ago, jhatle01 said:

@12thman if you want to eat and see old san juan I suggest doing the old san juan food tour

I would suggest booking it independently though for a few reasons...  #1 it is cheaper if you do it independently.  #2 you get more stops than through the cruise line.

Will second this, booked it direct/independently in January on Adventure

Did a quick write up: 

Might still be valid, if you decide to book directly with the company use code flavorsEAT for a discount.

59 minutes ago, jhatle01 said:

Thank you! Just might do this one.