Stingrays in Grand Cayman - Need advice!!!

hsweat22

Looking through the cruise planner there are many different options that involve stingray city and I am having trouble picking between them and hoping someone here has been on one or multiple of these and can help add a little color to help me decide.

Dolphin Swim and Stingray City - GC12

Dolphin Encounter and Stingray City - GCH9

Stingray City and Barrier Reef Snorkel - GC88

Stingray City and Calico Jack's Beach Break - GCN8

Deluxe Stingray City Sandbar - GCI3

Catamaran Sail and Stingray City - GCC7

Neither of us have swam with Dolphins so that does have some of our interest, the reef snorkel and Calico Jack also interest us.  We have never been to 7 mile beach where Calico Jacks is, so any insight there would be much appreciated!

Thanks everyone!!!

2 hours ago, hsweat22 said:

Looking through the cruise planner there are many different options that involve stingray city and I am having trouble picking between them and hoping someone here has been on one or multiple of these and can help add a little color to help me decide.

Neither of us have swam with Dolphins so that does have some of our interest, the reef snorkel and Calico Jack also interest us.  We have never been to 7 mile beach where Calico Jacks is, so any insight there would be much appreciated!

Thanks everyone!!!

Once I got the Deluxe Stingray City Sandbar - GCI3 reserved. We got off the ship and looked out for our Shore excursion number but couldn't find it. I reached to a crew member from another tour and she told me my excursion was canceled due high winds... I walked out the pier and found a local tour company that took me to the Stingray City and had a blast! The sea wasn't as calmed as you wanted but still was very fun. 

• 4 weeks later...

If not too late for info.. I took a self booked tour with this guys:  Cayman Eco Adventures     Excellent experience.. smaller boat... beat the 100 people that showed up on ship tour to Stingray City..   Look them up on tripadvisor..   Hope you have a great time.

We did Stingray City Experience Plus Two Snorkeling Stops provide by Captain Marvin's last October.  Absolutely loved it.  The snorkeling was wonderful, not the big groups booked thru the ship and when we were at Stingray City our host gave us feed for the Stingrays.  Would definitely do it again!  Found them on Trip Advisor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2019 at 8:52 AM, hsweat22 said:

Thanks everyone!!!

Highly recommend using www.stingraysailing.com   My 3rd time going to stingray city was with them, and by far the BEST experience.  I promise you will not be disappointed!!!

• 6 months later...
On 5/6/2019 at 8:25 AM, coneyraven said:

We did the Turtle Farm and Stingray City that included a trip to Hell just a couple of weeks ago.  Completely had a blast.  Next trip will include the dolphin encounter.

I am considering this for our group. My husband and our kids (10 & 12) would love to snorkel but the grandparents (3 of them) will not want to get in the water. Thought this might be a good compromise. Did you think the time with the stingrays was enough? Was the Turtle Farm worth the time? Thanks! 

12 hours ago, SSprouse said:

I am considering this for our group. My husband and our kids (10 & 12) would love to snorkel but the grandparents (3 of them) will not want to get in the water. Thought this might be a good compromise. Did you think the time with the stingrays was enough? Was the Turtle Farm worth the time? Thanks! 

Was there plenty of time with the Stingrays?  Yes, although, it was a little crowded with other boats..... but it wasn't a big deal for us.  Water was about 4 ft. deep.  As for the Turtles, I was really impressed.  Back in April, we were able to hold a baby, but I thought I heard a rumor that the policy allowing the public to do that may have changed.

P4210045.JPG

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2019 at 8:25 AM, coneyraven said:

We did the Turtle Farm and Stingray City that included a trip to Hell just a couple of weeks ago.  Completely had a blast.  Next trip will include the dolphin encounter.

What was your time like at the Turtle Center? Were you able to swim in the lagoon with them? Looking at this excursion and Royal is light on the details! Thanks!