first-run movies

I know Royal Caribbean sometime show first-run movies on their Ships, we are sailing on Harmony of the Seas in Late May. I saw in a Harmony of the Seas Cruise Compass on April 14, 2019, that had Ralph breaks the Internet a Disney movie what would be the odds that they would be showing Avengers: Endgame.

Thanks

3 hours ago, mschmitt said:

I know Royal Caribbean sometime show first-run movies on their Ships, we are sailing on Harmony of the Seas in Late May. I saw in a Harmony of the Seas Cruise Compass on April 14, 2019, that had Ralph breaks the Internet a Disney movie what would be the odds that they would be showing Avengers: Endgame.

Thanks

I would say that's a Slim chance.. Endgame JUST came out.. Ralph breaks the internet came out in November so for them to be able to play it in April makes sense.. Sorry I really just don't think endgame will be there only 3-4 weeks after it has come out.. 

On 5/4/2019 at 10:21 PM, AGSLC5 said:

I would say that's a Slim chance.. Endgame JUST came out.. Ralph breaks the internet came out in November so for them to be able to play it in April makes sense.. Sorry I really just don't think endgame will be there only 3-4 weeks after it has come out.. 

+1 on this.

As they like to say on DCL, "Of course we show them opening night, we own them!".  So DCL gets first-run Disney movies, which includes Marvel.  They do midnight screenings on opening night and some people book their cruise just to attend that.

So while you might find some first-run movie on a Royal ship, I guarantee you won't find any Disney property being first-run on a Royal ship.  Bad for business.