Falmouth to Dunn's River Falls and River Tubing

deep1

Just booked last night for next year on Indy. Doing Labadee and Falmouth... I see RCL selling an "adventure Falls  w/ river tubing" trip. Gal at the excursion desk I think was confused and tried to tell me Adventure falls is same as Dunn's River. Clearly it isn't... I take it Dunn's is 1 1/2 hours away.  I see some Dunn's excursions from RCL but none include the tubing. I see other non RCL that do Dunn's and Tubing. Any suggestions?

I visited Falmouth a few years ago. From what I remember the falls were pretty steep and most people there were “climbing” them. It’s pretty strenuous. I visited the falls but did not participate in the climb. Sorry if that doesn’t make sense. I don’t remember there being much tubing because I would think it would be dangerous. 

Take it from me, tubing isnt  dangerous. The river isn't rapid at all. Nowhere close to white water rapids.

Dunns River is only 1hrs or less from Falmouth. It's the easier fall to climb when compared to the more rustic nature filled experience of the Blue Hole. Blue hole is 1.5hrs away.

Why go with a boring cattle-led type tour by the ship when you can come with us. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g612473-d8733903-Reviews-Jamrock_Journeys-Falmouth_Trelawny_Parish_Jamaica.html

I actually lived a short while in Montego Bay when I was real little kid. Took ride to Dunn's with folks a few times. Showed my blood daughter Dunn' when she was young and now with future step kids in tow looking to relive it one more time. Excursions showing up now include what I'm looking for,,, Dunn's River (Not BS "Adventure falls") and then some tubing. (No I'm not in the least worried about tubing. I love it... Now the questions shift. RCL has a Dunn's+ Tubing trip available. Past experience has taught me that "official excursions" are usually much more expensive and far less personal . In Costa Maya and Cozumel this last trip , for example , we did far better with outside vendors... Problem is you don't always know who to trust. I trust referrals. So.... If you have someone you could recommend I'd love to hear it. 

• 4 months later...
On 5/14/2019 at 8:27 PM, deep1 said:

I actually lived a short while in Montego Bay when I was real little kid. Took ride to Dunn's with folks a few times. Showed my blood daughter Dunn' when she was young and now with future step kids in tow looking to relive it one more time. Excursions showing up now include what I'm looking for,,, Dunn's River (Not BS "Adventure falls") and then some tubing. (No I'm not in the least worried about tubing. I love it... Now the questions shift. RCL has a Dunn's+ Tubing trip available. Past experience has taught me that "official excursions" are usually much more expensive and far less personal . In Costa Maya and Cozumel this last trip , for example , we did far better with outside vendors... Problem is you don't always know who to trust. I trust referrals. So.... If you have someone you could recommend I'd love to hear it. 

@deep1 Did you have a tubing experience since this post?  I am trying to decide which tubing excursion would be best and like you am hoping to hear about someone's experience with one. 

On 5/4/2019 at 5:28 PM, deep1 said:

Just booked last night for next year on Indy. Doing Labadee and Falmouth... I see RCL selling an "adventure Falls  w/ river tubing" trip. Gal at the excursion desk I think was confused and tried to tell me Adventure falls is same as Dunn's River. Clearly it isn't... I take it Dunn's is 1 1/2 hours away.  I see some Dunn's excursions from RCL but none include the tubing. I see other non RCL that do Dunn's and Tubing. Any suggestions?

To climb the falls we started at the beach and worked our way up.  As stated, it is strenuous. but my son and I made it (I was 60).  You need old tennis shoes because it is rocky.

We didn't do the tubing at Jamaica, but the tubing we tried at Belize was somewhat tame (mentioned previously), as was the raft trip we took out of Costa Maya.  So i wouldn't think tubing would be too adventurous.  We have found swimming through caverns (Playa del Carmen) and the Dunn's River Falls climb to be the most strenuous excursions we've attempted.  Again, even seniors can manage.

My wife & I really enjoyed Dunn's River Falls...love the energy from the people chaperoning the tour, which what made it so fun & enjoyable. The Grotto Caves was also part of the excursion...the tubing excursion was sold out at the time we booked the excursion. However, I must say, the guide we had was not only just informative & presented a wealth of knowledge about the history of the Grotto caves; he was tremendously hilarious & entertaining with impressions & sense of humor.  

My family to include two teenage kids (b/g) did the Dunns river + tubing last time we were there.  The family enjoyed all of it but were mixed on which part they liked best.  Either way all of us indicated we would do it again and it was awesome to experience the falls again with the kids since we did it pre kids.  The walk on the falls was not too bad and there were different routes so you can go with the route that is best suited for you.

A piece of advice.  You will be hounded to buy the CD, souvenirs, and beverages.  From the time you arrive at Dunns river until the bus departs.  We bought the CD and while it was nice it was really poor quality and not cheap.  Bring a go pro instead.  I wish I had done that.

D