Indy Quick Review

deep1

Just sat down in my living room and will begin banging out reviews from our 5 day we got off this morn. We are not elite kind of people so it is limited to the comp locations. MDR we did "my time". Without a lobster night the menu didn't change a whole lot from night to night. Appetizers were good. Cesar Salad not overly "ceasry ". Kind of lemony vinaigrette would be more appropriate of description. Shrimp cocktail was good but better order two because they were using 36-50 smallish shrimp. Shrimp ceviche used tiny shrimp that tasted fine but the rest was rather bland lacking any "personality". Coconut shrimp were dandy! The escargot was supreme. Lobster bisque was also way up there. For main course I stuck with beef the first four nights. Prime rib was excellent, tenderloin tips buttery tender and delicious, NY strip dandy. They missed the mark, no make that the whole target , with their stroganoff though. More like stir fried beef on spaghetti, far from what one would expect as stroganoff. I finished the trip with a turkey dinner that was pretty darn good. GF stuck to fish dishes and raved about them all. I had royal chocolate cake every night and can't get enough. They brought an extra treat one night. A large cupcake celebrating 50 years. It was good as well. GF went down the line on her deserts and found them all stunning. 

Windjammer was frequently crowded  but everything we tried was good. They offered up sponge cake and pineapple drowned in chocolate sauce and GF needed to be dragged away from it...  

Sorrentos was predictable. If it was busy and the pizza fresh it was good. If it was quiet and they had been out for a while it was sheets of cardboard with tomato and cheese... 

Over all I give the trip a 9. I might add that the mixed nachos at Money Bar in Cozumel was a stand out for land based food... 

• 2 months later...