Voom/Key/Drink package decisions

I have plenty of time until I sail (Aug 2020 on Adventure of the Seas), but what’s the best option/deal for someone who wants to purchase:

- Voom for 2 devices (just want to be able to text via iPhone between each other and home)

- Deluxe drink package for 2 adults

We are first time RC cruisers and have time to wait for a sale (from what I read it seems Black Friday sales are best?), but I’d like to have an idea on what to keep an eye out for. 

Just now, SpeedNoodles said:

There's usually an option for the Deluxe Drink Package + 1 Voom device - keep an eye out for that when it comes out.  You'll most likely get the best price for that - buy it when you see it, but keep an eye on it for the price to come down during sales.

Great to know!  Thanks!

Regardless of sale, book as early as you can.  Continue to keep checking and if the price goes down, you can cancel and rebook. In terms of bundles, etc, like everyone said, check all options.  We ended up buying separate on one trip, and together on another.  There is no rhyme or reason with royals pricing.  Ok...I know there is tied to demand etc but just assume you will have to check prices and recheck a lot!  Jane

We just bought the Refreshment Package ( no booze) and will buy the hard stuff if and when we want to. 

This package had been $20/pppd for a long time and about a week ago jumped to $26/pppd. Just this afternoon it dropped back to $20/pppd saving us $108.

It pays to watch the packages of interest as they do change.

While Adventure of the Seas doesn't currently have onboard communication through the RC app, I would hope by 2020 it would. You wouldn't need Voom just to communicate via text if that's the case

Another option is you can probably buy a cell plan with your provider for service while at sea. I have Sprint and they offer data plans onboard the ship while at sea.