Movie Theater

Christie

...but Oasis class ships do not have a separate theater, do they ? Don't they just have their 3D movies in the big theater ?   I know the Radiance class has a separate small theater and the Voyagers used to...but not sure if they are being systematically removed during refurbs on the Voyagers or not ?  Most people don't even know those screening rooms are there...  I normally don't go to the movies on a 7 night but they were soooo awesome during long cruises and TA's where there are lots of sea days.  I really like them.

I'm pretty sure the Explorer had one when we were on the repositioning cruise out of Port Liberty (Nov. 2014) to PC but now it does not show one on the deck plans.  If you look on the deck plans for Mariner there is still one (they call it the screening room) on Deck 2 forward.

Unfortunately, it appears that they are removing these small theaters systematically - at least, on the Voyager Class...it's a real shame.

The odds are very slim because Star Wars is owned by Disney and it will be shown first on Disney ships.. probably won't have star wars on a Royal ship for about 4-6 months after the movie comes out

I thought the same thing but I have seen a lot of Disney films recently on RC ships. Cinderella (the one from earlier this year), Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man and Avengers just to name a few.

• 9 months later...

I thought the same thing but I have seen a lot of Disney films recently on RC ships. Cinderella (the one from earlier this year), Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man and Avengers just to name a few.

I know they showed Star Wars on board when the last one was released, but it was after it had left theaters. It'll be a while before it shows up on Royal ships, and will likely be shown first on Disney ships. 

Not to say it will never be on Royal, but I doubt it would happen 2 days after release.