Hi,

I recently put in a Royal Up offer for my July cruise ( 1 week ago) and I went back to check on it and it looks like 3 of the offers are now expired and one shows pending. Does anyone know why this would be? Did they pass on my offer? Also when I put in my reservation number I am not eligible for an upgrade now and on the one pending offer I can no longer adjust it.

Just now, l9dance said:

Thank you, yes I read this. Just surprised my offer was expired within a week.

When they send out the RoyalUp emails there's no guarantee that there are even cabins available for that category. I got my Royal Up with the ability to bid on a Junior Suite or a Grand Suite, both of which had been sold out for at least 2 months already. There's no negligible rhyme or reason to how the program works, therefore nothing that ever happens with it surprises me .

Last month ..... I got my Royal Offered a month and a half before the cruise ..... I didn't hear anything back until 4 days before the cruise.  had to quickly reprint our Set Sail Passes and Luggage Tags.....

I was shocked, I went with a semi-low-ball bid to go from Interior to Ocean View -- and they took it, in fact, giving me a Spacious Ocean View on Brilliance.

On 5/3/2019 at 4:59 PM, coneyraven said:

Last month ..... I got my Royal Offered a month and a half before the cruise ..... I didn't hear anything back until 4 days before the cruise.  had to quickly reprint our Set Sail Passes and Luggage Tags.....

I was shocked, I went with a semi-low-ball bid to go from Interior to Ocean View -- and they took it, in fact, giving me a Spacious Ocean View on Brilliance.

WOW! I hope to get this lucky! What did you bid if you don't mind me asking?

On 5/3/2019 at 11:39 AM, l9dance said:

Hi,

I recently put in a Royal Up offer for my July cruise ( 1 week ago) and I went back to check on it and it looks like 3 of the offers are now expired and one shows pending. Does anyone know why this would be? Did they pass on my offer? Also when I put in my reservation number I am not eligible for an upgrade now and on the one pending offer I can no longer adjust it.

Better question is exactly how did you put a royal up offer in outside of 30 day window? 

5 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Better question is exactly how did you put a royal up offer in outside of 30 day window? 

I am 73 days out from our Radiance sailing. We were offered to bid on the Royal suite. Happy where we are, didn't bid, but certainly outside of the 30 day window.

47 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

I am 73 days out from our Radiance sailing. We were offered to bid on the Royal suite. Happy where we are, didn't bid, but certainly outside of the 30 day window.

Did you get an email? I haven’t seen anything regarding this program. 

1 hour ago, Baked Alaska said:

I was out about 74 days from my July cruise when I received my Royal up offer also.

2 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

@JesseandDee And, just so I understand how Royal UP works, the slider on the bidding page says $800/pp for 2 guests. So that means you are paying $1600 total for your upgrade? I was a little confused on it. 

Yes, that is correct, I also received a confirmation email, you bid this much PP, total bid will be 2x that.