Allure of the Seas May 12-19 Eastern Caribbean - First attempt at Live Blog!

spiralqueen

8 minutes ago, Skid said:

Hi former neighbor. In previous lives we lived in both Nassau and Suffolk counties. Worked for a few years in Jericho. One of the best memories is walking around Port Jefferson. Other than the LIE, we miss the area.

Yes, the LIE stinks! Thankfully, I work only 7 miles away in Hauppauge and can take alternate routes or the service road which moves.

Islip/MacArthur Airport is only 5-8 minutes away... nice to have Southwest so close.

Love all the towns on the water too, as well as, the relatively short trip to NYC... just so expensive and I can see us moving off the island when we retire. Need to cruise and travel more one day! ?

Thank you!!! So Much!! You don't know how much time I've been spending searching this site for the exact cruise we are taking. Even spending time looking for the cruise compass. Thanks to @Matt for posting it to the cruise compass!! It really does help to know what we want to do!! The menu pictures from CK are extremely helpful as I was under the impression the food was the same every night in CK. Oh and posting about your trip with ThenGrey Ford has been really help as we not be doing the railroad trip as it's not what we thought it was. 

2 hours ago, 12thman said:

Thank you!!! So Much!! You don't know how much time I've been spending searching this site for the exact cruise we are taking. Even spending time looking for the cruise compass. Thanks to @Matt for posting it to the cruise compass!! It really does help to know what we want to do!! The menu pictures from CK are extremely helpful as I was under the impression the food was the same every night in CK. Oh and posting about your trip with ThenGrey Ford has been really help as we not be doing the railroad trip as it's not what we thought it was. 

Oh good! I’m so happy this was helpful! I tried to get Matt my cruise compass ASAP since I knew I was on one of the first Allure sailings of a bunch to have that itinerary. And in case it’s not obvious, I highly recommend CK. I think you will love it there! 

27 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

Oh good! I’m so happy this was helpful! I tried to get Matt my cruise compass ASAP since I knew I was on one of the first Allure sailings of a bunch to have that itinerary. And in case it’s not obvious, I highly recommend CK. I think you will love it there! 

Well if my wife doesn't mind giving up the unlimited dining then CK it is. Seems Samba isn't that good so another reason to just do CK. 

2 hours ago, 12thman said:

Well if my wife doesn't mind giving up the unlimited dining then CK it is. Seems Samba isn't that good so another reason to just do CK. 

It depends on what, if any, future sailings you will have but my attitude toward CK was that even the smaller ships have specialty restaurants and I’d rather go to CK while I have access to it. And the fact that it was included in my fare was a bonus perk. 

20 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

It depends on what, if any, future sailings you will have but my attitude toward CK was that even the smaller ships have specialty restaurants and I’d rather go to CK while I have access to it. And the fact that it was included in my fare was a bonus perk. 

That's true, didn't think about booking another cruise that didn't have CK. Looking a Ovation for next year they have CK. But it would save us money towards next year to do just CK this year.