Coco Cay Three Ships!

58 minutes ago, Jaymac Radio said:

Let’s hope I can avoid those triple calls. Seems like even though they think it can handle it, I’d bet it becomes a mess. 

My first thought wasn't actually the crowds, it was:  that's gonna confuse some passengers.  It's weird to me but I know there are people that have no idea of what  ship they are on.  They just think the name is "Royal Caribbean".   To have two or three docked at the same time?  

Here's hoping there's not two Oasis class ships at the same time.....

There's still plenty of island that hasn't been developed.  I'm quite confident we can still walk a bit further down the beach and be completely alone.  Last time I was there I went on an hour walk without meeting anyone else (and just saw a few at a distance).  If you stay in the most crowded areas, yes, it will probably feel crowded, but that's your choice.

#spiralqueen  thank you so much!!  The three ship ideal at CoCo Cay had me worried.  My husband is not a big fan of crowds and the only reason we are on such a big ship is our daughter, she picked it.  It's a good thing my husband is so laid back, he'll have a great time if we are.

I know that they are saying that capacity is at 10K but I honestly would not want to be there on a day that they have 3 ships, that is pretty busy, depending on the ships that are docked!  I could not even imagine how hard it would be to find a chair or a nice quiet spot to enjoy the island (without booking a cabana).  

4 hours ago, MicDay said:

#spiralqueen  thank you so much!!  The three ship ideal at CoCo Cay had me worried.  My husband is not a big fan of crowds and the only reason we are on such a big ship is our daughter, she picked it.  It's a good thing my husband is so laid back, he'll have a great time if we are.

I was amazed on allure how not crowded it actually felt!  My husband is also not a crowd person but he had no trouble!   Jane

Thanks @spiralqueen - We are there on Anthem (4180 passengers) the day before thanksgiving. Looks like mariner (4252) will also be there.  Not really crowd people here. I am probably in the minority here but personally I like the island the way it was before the renovations (although I do like the idea of not tendering anymore). The quiet private island getaway was always a nice option. Now that it is basically a waterpark on an island not so sure about that. I cannot imagine what 8432 people at lunch time would look like. We like taking the trip from Bayonne at Thanksgiving but honestly with the ports offered - Port Canaceral, Coco Cay Water Park not so perfect day and the Nassau that doesnt really leave a lot of reason to get off the ship anymore. We do love ship days but with 4 days at sea already during an 8 days cruise that could be a lot. 

• 7 months later...
On 1/12/2020 at 9:27 AM, Max Cruise 1974 said:

30th of April 2020:

Navigator  3926

Mariner      4001

Brilliance   2580

Together 10507 passengers (full occupancy)

TOO MUCH!

Those numbers, as striking as it look, is somewhat of a misnomer....not everyone will go to the island; yet alone, at the same time period or duration. Royal, no doubt, are gauging the volumn it can handle(12,000 is what's quoted) while taking advantage of the opportunity to increase revenue...common practice.

There is still much undeveloped growth on the island(a third of the island is currently in use as quoted); and, as more ideas come to fruition, as to more venues & activities, I'm fairly sure another pier will be built & the frequency & volumn will undoubtedly increased...and hopefully some percentage of additional revenue goes keeping prices level, as they invest more & more into the company, in bringing us more technology & conveniences, improved & new fleet, and newer port itineraries & private island and/or resort areas across the world(personally, like on the West Coast....just saying ?)

Holy Cow!!!!!

It turns out that there will be three ships in Coco Cay on June 3rd.  The Oasis, Independence, and Majesty.  I just checked RCI's website for the itineraries and verified they are all going to be there on the 3rd.  We'll be on the Oasis.

That's 11742 to 14026 potential passengers between the three ships.

cococay-3.jpg