Digital SetSail pass

I tried using only the digital Setsail pass for the first time on Mariner in Miami last year.  When we checked in they said they still have to have something on paper for their accounting or some other purpose, so they made us fill out a short form.  In that case the checkin process took longer to use the digital version.  I've seen others make this comment elsewhere on the boards.  Would be curious about other experiences with using the digital Setsail pass.

25 minutes ago, Galveston Steve said:

I tried using only the digital Setsail pass for the first time on Mariner in Miami last year.  When we checked in they said they still have to have something on paper for their accounting or some other purpose, so they made us fill out a short form.  In that case the checkin process took longer to use the digital version.  I've seen others make this comment elsewhere on the boards.  Would be curious about other experiences with using the digital Setsail pass.

Seems like in that case it defeats the purpose. I’ve got it printed for our Navigator sailing just in case but will try using the app. 

2 hours ago, Galveston Steve said:

When I sailed on Mariner in February I only used the app.  I filled nothing out, it was slick.

1 hour ago, spursfreak21 said:

Question related to the digital SetSail pass - Can I have both my wife's and mine on my phone? Or will she need to pull up her own pass on her device? 

When I check in for both my wife and myself, both SetSail passes appear in the app.  You just swipe to display the other pass. That's all you should need if you are checking in at a port that accepts the digital SetSail passes.

21 hours ago, spursfreak21 said:

Question related to the digital SetSail pass - Can I have both my wife's and mine on my phone? Or will she need to pull up her own pass on her device? 

I used my phone for all 4 of us.  After boarding I went to the bar to get a drink for my wife and I (both had DX) and the bartender just swiped from mine to hers to ring up the drinks.