Excursion recommendations for Hamburg, Rotterdam, Amsterdam & Paris

markm

I have a friend who lives in Rotterdam.  He would recommend visiting the Rotterdam Zoo (he visits with his wife very frequently) the Spoorwegmuseum in Utrecht and eating at Brasserie Scheffers.   

I can also ask him for some other local places to eat and drink and visit depending on what kind of experience you're looking for in Rotterdam.  

In terms of Amsterdam, you MUST eat stroopwafels.  They're a very uniquely dutch sweet treat and they're just to DIE for!   Also there will be many "coffee shops" marketed for tourists.  You wont get a decent cup of coffee in these coffee shops.  If you're looking to experience the cannabis culture of Amsterdam, do so responsibly.  You'll be able to smell a beverage coffee shop from a smoking coffee shop though from a mile away.  

21 hours ago, SweetHomeLady said:

If you like to do it yourself, we had great fun in Rotterdam riding the water taxis.  We also did a ferry to the Kinderdijk, which is a UNESCO world heritage site for windmills.  Enjoy your trip. 

Thank you, The description of Kinderdijk says its "strenuous". My wife is 79 and walks every day. however a lot of stairs or inclines may be to much> Hope strenuous did you find it?

15 hours ago, l9dance said:

No idea what tours to do but we are also on this sailing!

We are flying out of Seattle however the party we are going with is leaving from JFK. y

You have much better choices for arrival and departure times than I. Are you planning on using Royal Caribbean transfers?

Just now, markm said:

We are flying out of Seattle however the party we are going with is leaving from JFK. y

You have much better choices for arrival and departure times than I. Are you planning on using Royal Caribbean transfers?

We are going back and forth on it, we plan on arriving 2 days beforehand so we might try the train depending on how much luggage we have! One the way back we do plan on using the transfer.