Dedicated cabana attendant.

Hello All! In reading about the cabanas at Barefoot Beach, I see that they also have a "dedicated cabana attendant". First, are these RC employees? Also, just how often do you see them and how do you notify them that you need something? Finally, what is the turn around time on the request once it's made? I'm referring to this article: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/03/06/barefoot-beach-cabanas-royal-caribbeans-labadee.

5 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

First, are these RC employees?

No, they are Haitians. 

5 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

Also, just how often do you see them and how do you notify them that you need something?

They come around periodically, but they also hang around the area so it's pretty easy to flag one down.

6 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

Finally, what is the turn around time on the request once it's made?

Usually a few minutes. Perhaps 10 at worst. They really hustle.

Thank you, @Matt. Having had cabanas at DCL's Castaway Cay, which were nice, the time it took for the concierge (yes, the suites concierges ARE the cabana attendants on CC) to get to the cabana and then to retrieve the order took more time than we liked. So, this is good news. Will tip nice, then, regardless.

Hopefully I am a one-off but my experiences with BB cabana attendants has been disappointing. The first one we had disappeared - never to be seen again after we pre-tipped him $20.  The second one we saw maybe twice the whole afternoon and never got ANY tip b/c he disappeared and never returned.  

Since I have revealed (other posts) that we spend our cabana hours napping, we decided that cabanas are not cost effective and no longer book them.  Sad but true.

4 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Hopefully I am a one-off but my experiences with BB cabana attendants has been disappointing. The first one we had disappeared - never to be seen again after we pre-tipped him $20.  The second one we saw maybe twice the whole afternoon and never got ANY tip b/c he disappeared and never returned.  

Wow.  I have no doubt this happened to you, but I have to say it's quite different than our experience on both BB and Nellie's.  Usually our attendant has been sitting "at the ready" within 20 feet of us (unless actively getting drinks or other items of course) and checks in regularly.  When was this? (just curious)