Allure nursery questions

We're sailing in August with a 1 year old and wondering how the nursery works.

1) Are they open all day or just certain times?

2) At what point does it become a paid service? Do you tip at that point? 

3) I read you need to sign up as soon as you get on the ship. If we do that and then don't use it, are we taking away a spot from someone who actually would use it? Can we sign him up mid cruise instead? 

Thanks! 

18 minutes ago, ZinzMat said:

We're sailing in August with a 1 year old and wondering how the nursery works.

1) Are they open all day or just certain times?

2) At what point does it become a paid service? Do you tip at that point? 

3) I read you need to sign up as soon as you get on the ship. If we do that and then don't use it, are we taking away a spot from someone who actually would use it? Can we sign him up mid cruise instead? 

Thanks! 

Here's a link about the nursery.  It is not free. You'll have to pay $8/hr to use the nursery.  The free program is only for kids 3 years-old and up.  And they do recommend reservation at the beginning of the cruise because there's a specific staff to kids ratio they have to follow. But you can cancel any reservations later on if you feel like you don't need them.  Hope this help!

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/category/category/royal-babies-tots-nursery

1 hour ago, ZinzMat said:

Are they open all day or just certain times?

The nursery has hours, but it's open most of the day and evening. Once you get onboard you can find their exact hours, but I think you will find it more than adequate.

At what point does it become a paid service? Do you tip at that point? 

The nursery, unlike Adventure Ocean (ages 3+), has an hourly charge.  I believe it's still $6/hr during the day and $8/hr at night. 

I read you need to sign up as soon as you get on the ship. If we do that and then don't use it, are we taking away a spot from someone who actually would use it? Can we sign him up mid cruise instead? 

Yes, although you can always cancel once you realize you do not need the spot.  And yes, you can book later on during the sailing.  

I'd recommend booking early, especially for popular times like evening on formal nights. Those slots go quickly.