Celebrity Solstice

Noella

We are looking at booking Celebrity Solstice to Alaska June 2020.  We have only ever used RC for our cruises.  If anyone that has been on this ship could give me their opinion it would be greatly appreciated.  I hope to book this in next few days and need some advice.   

Hi @Noella, I have not been of Solstice, but Summit and due to leave next Sunday.  I actually love Celebrity, this will be our second on them.  We go back and forth between RC and Celebrity.  We are a bit older, low key so we like the smaller ships too.  Celebrity doesn't have all the bells and whistles like RC, more sedate if that's the right word. I honestly don't think you could go wrong at all, especially the destination! Bucket List for me!!  

5 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

Hi @Noella, I have not been of Solstice, but Summit and due to leave next Sunday.  I actually love Celebrity, this will be our second on them.  We go back and forth between RC and Celebrity.  We are a bit older, low key so we like the smaller ships too.  Celebrity doesn't have all the bells and whistles like RC, more sedate if that's the right word. I honestly don't think you could go wrong at all, especially the destination! Bucket List for me!!  

Thank you for sharing your experience with Celebrity.  We too are a bit older and wanted to try a smaller ship.   We are going to book this cruise!  Hope you have a great cruise and thanks again!

@Boston Babe  I am curious about your Celebrity Equinox cruise.  Have you been before and is your cruise pre or post refurbishment.  My wife and I have a 5 night January cruise on her and we have only done a 3 night preview cruise on Edge and loved it.  If you haven't been on Edge before I think you will love it's modern resort design with lots of views of the ocean.

On 4/30/2019 at 10:56 PM, Noella said:

We are looking at booking Celebrity Solstice to Alaska June 2020.  We have only ever used RC for our cruises.  If anyone that has been on this ship could give me their opinion it would be greatly appreciated.  I hope to book this in next few days and need some advice.   

There are a couple RCPeriscopers on Solstice this week.  I'm sure they'd be happy to answer any questions you have! 

On 5/3/2019 at 4:41 PM, KathyC said:

I'm sure they'd be happy to answer any questions you have! 

HI Kathy

On 5/3/2019 at 11:51 AM, Jedi Jason said:

I am curious about your Celebrity Equinox cruise

HI there! We didn't go on Equinox, I need to update my cruises! LOL  Leaving on Summit this Sunday.  Hubby is disabled and he doesn't want to deal with the hassle of flying at this point.  I hear the Edge is GREAT!  Had the Edge booked too but cancelled.?

12 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

HI there! We didn't go on Equinox, I need to update my cruises! LOL  Leaving on Summit this Sunday.  Hubby is disabled and he doesn't want to deal with the hassle of flying at this point.  I hear the Edge is GREAT!  Had the Edge booked too but cancelled.?

Well, Enjoy your Summit cruise.

On 5/7/2019 at 9:03 AM, Boston Babe said:

HI Kathy

Hope you're having an amazing week on Summit!  159 days for us...