Re-Pricing Questions

heffy2

Hello! This is my first post here, and surprisingly, after 27 cruises I have a bit of a newbie question. I've been listening to the podcast for over a year, and it's actually why I booked my upcoming Anthem sailing. In the last few days I've noticed that the price for my standard OV balcony has gone down by almost $500. I'm seriously considering re-pricing the cruise, but I've never done it before. I currently work for a cruise line that does not offer this option, is it a pain in the a*%? Thanks for help with this, I love all of your posts.

Edited by heffy2

Have done this over the years many times.  It is a bit of a PIA.

Call RCI, have your reservation # handy, and explain that the price on your cruise/cabin has dropped.  They will recalculate your fare at the current rate.  WARNING you may loss any other promotions, On Board Credits, free gratuities, etc that you had at the time of your original booking.  Also if you booked your original rate with the Non-Refundable Deposit, you may be out $100.  Plan that in your calculations of how much you may save.  On the other hand you may get any new promotions.  You may get a new reservation number as well. 

For my up coming cruise a military discount was added to the promotions and it saved me $700 off the total room fare.  This was after final payment was made.  RCI deducted the military savings and applied it as an OBC.

Now I've got to keep my wife from finding out and spending the OBC all at the Kate Spade shop. 

5 minutes ago, Fairlynew said:

I have reprised an upcoming cruise 5 times in the month since I booked it.  I hav saved over $500 in doing so.   I just emailed my travel agent and she took care of it. She also reviewed whether other price drops made sense

I've always booked direct through RCI.  

After reading all the good things a TA can do for you, I may have to book through a TA for my next cruise.

You can always move your booking to a travel agent any time before final payment.  On advice of this forum, I transferred my booking to MEI travel.   I was assigned to Sharla, and she has been responsive and helpful.  You can probably still transfer your booking and get the easy help.  

Welcome, heffy2 !

Even if you booked using a non-refundable deposit you should be able to reprice your cruise to take advantage of a price drop.  The exception would be if the final payment date has passed. As long as the final payment date is still in front of you, you can reprice but you would lose any booking incentives that went long with your original booking. Of course, you would gain any booking incentives that are offered now !  Sometimes you get a double benefit !  The only time you will be penalized with a non-refundable deposit is if you change the ship or sail date of your original booking. There are also some peculiarities with having paid your cruise in full which is why it is normally not advisable to pay your entire balance off until final payment date.

If you are before final payment date, you can still re-price the cruise.

Easiest way to do it is make your travel agent do it.  

If you booked directly with RC, then you need to call and say you want to re-price your cruise because the same room category you booked is now cheaper.