Liberty OTS Questions

Jazzfan

Hi everyone.  First time posting, but have followed along for a few years.   It is awesome.  

We have sailed on Harmony OTS twice and once on the Disney Wonder.  We are booked on Liberty OTS for March 29 2020 out of Galveston.  We have two rooms for 6 people (2 adults 4 Kids).  We love Harmony but the timing and location lead us to book on Liberty for Spring Break.  We always have purchased the soda package for our kids and they really liked the Coke Freestyle machines on Harmony.  The Freestyle cups really made it easy for our kids to use whenever they wanted.  It doesn't look like Liberty has the Freestyle service (I could be wrong).  How does the soda package work on Liberty?  Second, we have two connecting balcony staterooms, but we are wondering if we can open the balcony divider on Liberty like we did on Harmony?  The connecting balcony feature was really a great bonus for two rooms next to each other.   Last of all, we are just about 11 months out, and we can't get into the cruse planner to set up dinning, on board activities, or purchase internet options.  Any idea when we should expect to have access to the full Cruse Planner menu of services?  

Thanks for any feedback!!!

1 minute ago, Jazzfan said:

It doesn't look like Liberty has the Freestyle service (I could be wrong).

Correct

How does the soda package work on Liberty? 

Just order a soda at any bar, lounge or restaurant and its included. You can get any soda they have available.

Second, we have two connecting balcony staterooms, but we are wondering if we can open the balcony divider on Liberty like we did on Harmony?

Yes, I believe the Freedom Class supports this

3 minutes ago, Jazzfan said:

Any idea when we should expect to have access to the full Cruse Planner menu of services?  

There is no set time or answer.  You just have to keep checking back.  11 months out is pretty far in advance. Check back closer to 90 days before sailing.

12 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

For ships without a Freestyle machine, you just use your SeaPass card at any place that serves drinks.  You don't even need the cup as the soda package will be tied to your SeaPass card.

I will note however, the number of different sodas the bars have vs the freestyle machine is FAR less.  Bars have the typical Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, GInger Ale, while freestyle machines have at least 15 choices before all the flavors.  Makes you wonder why it has taken so long to get those machines "engineered in" when there are usually only 4 per ship.

22 minutes ago, marti314 said:

I will note however, the number of different sodas the bars have vs the freestyle machine is FAR less.  Bars have the typical Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, GInger Ale, while freestyle machines have at least 15 choices before all the flavors.  Makes you wonder why it has taken so long to get those machines "engineered in" when there are usually only 4 per ship.

Thanks for the great feedback.  I'm sure there is a reason they haven't added the Freestyle machines in, but the extra flavor options sure are a great addition to the drink package. 

57 minutes ago, marti314 said:

I’ve always wondered why the soda package is the same price on ships with freestyle machines. The “toner cartridge” sized syrups are way more expensive than the traditional BIB (bag in a box) used in soda fountains and soda guns. 

6 minutes ago, melski94 said:

I’ve been on Liberty in the same configuration and was able to open the balcony dividers.  

Keep checking for dining and internet options.  They should open up very soon. 

Great.  Thanks for the response - I'm glad to hear we should be able to open the balcony.  We are looking forward sailing on Liberty.  

On 4/30/2019 at 11:53 AM, Jazzfan said:

Second, we have two connecting balcony staterooms, but we are wondering if we can open the balcony divider on Liberty like we did on Harmony?

Yes, the balcony dividers can be opened on Liberty.  It requires a specific wrench/tool and your stateroom attendant can do that for you.  We had adjoining Junior Suites on Liberty in December and the balcony access was very nice!

1fANjmTeg0ao5OiyQ8tkfMrIsn_Wzryw-2p8tXmPfCNe9fmIxeP8U9Ub1ZunxDjvSn4F36JNzy49prq8pkRI3-8XG2iTGlkiLaaZ2kkysnT49-570jXopDQtK3dlkF8hPwzpJlPJnoQchFxx8wIHFsYa7pOnM5tQnfcxx1un3czqVnjX-sATiDR7dMtuDsgOLtOVnaDA41U7Utj3k0nNQ8WniHGIGteuSzi-6hD5uzV9Jqy9g-j0rj8kFSzkti_Q-4cRKzn7C-vSwUJQtRpL7gKFOzs3co9EpE4gf5M1q7fp4z6i1AWCtjn3KIA-S2HA7ehzuDyPzlSgKaTIaPRcfmVwaljlEHXa-UyRJIbGrzv1SFYQSYoAxsYbetS1nDD0aPUyeEiye4I-fXu9OJxPfLSND_mr5wHGeV2z2OvFlyGj658Wj3lGbuA8EVSpUi970cVW01pO7OnhsJLUMnZ3RdfjmHgi8YdxmDMH7hoeLGRYorNqXSqWOIeROtadB3kN-grtHxAaPW5QO3asvEzIBkipJTZMX8_snnHCR1lzJwP-lBGg-GNKW3qkjRfw5rJUp3qz8n1WmDhpqww43x8praNr6R-qludjN4tN0WnVcwCVGdfqFd-2J9yiJDPpwO2cjT0Q81AxU9MawH_MzJzhqOVvxujV4yiS=w2128-h1596-no