Cut off age for kids at up charge restaurants

OutToSea

"Plus, kids ages 6-12 now dine at our specialty restaurants for only $10. Ages 5 and under eat free! Plus, little cruisers get their very own menu — a round-up of kid-friendly favorites from the “grownups” menu. *Reserve before you sail, and prices will be adjusted for kids once you are aboard, and reflected in your final account statement."

You can find more info here:  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/dining-packages

I found this hit and miss last year with my 12YO Grandson on Liberty OTS, we had the Ultimate dinning and ate at a specialty restaurant every night. Some charged the upcharge and most didn't.

In Sabor they kind of adopted him, he didn't even have to order, they brought out exactly what he wanted and seconds if he asked for it.

9 hours ago, TheHobbys said:

"Plus, kids ages 6-12 now dine at our specialty restaurants for only $10. Ages 5 and under eat free! Plus, little cruisers get their very own menu — a round-up of kid-friendly favorites from the “grownups” menu. *Reserve before you sail, and prices will be adjusted for kids once you are aboard, and reflected in your final account statement."

You can find more info here:  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/dining-packages

This is interesting... Before it was always that you didn't book your child in the planner, and just brought them.  I'm thinking with the unlimited dining and the increase in specially demand, they are afraid they won't have room... So book your 4 seat table for example, so we have room for the kids!  Jane

On 5/1/2019 at 6:41 AM, TheHobbys said:

Also, might make people pay more attention to making sure their kids don't really waste food.  Or you could just have the kids sit outside on the bench, go eat at Chops, packup some leftovers to bring them ... #BadDad_BadDad  lol 

#windjammerforkids

On 4/30/2019 at 9:10 PM, mom2mybugs said:

This is interesting... Before it was always that you didn't book your child in the planner, and just brought them.  I'm thinking with the unlimited dining and the increase in specially demand, they are afraid they won't have room... So book your 4 seat table for example, so we have room for the kids!  Jane

The verbiage has been in the terms and conditions for a few years.  Pre-booking them requires paying adult prices and getting an OBC credit once you visit the venue.  That led to the general wisdom of just showing up with kids and dealing with it on the spot.   

2 minutes ago, BrewerJoe said:

I'll have a 12 year old with me in July.  If I understand things correctly, he will be able to order off the adult menu, but does he need to order from the kids menu for us to get the kids price?

My 12YO grandson ordered off of the adult menu, sometimes they charged me the $10, most of the time they didn't.

2 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

My 12YO grandson ordered off of the adult menu, sometimes they charged me the $10, most of the time they didn't.

I have all of us (including 12YO) signed up for the 3-meal package.  Is that something that they would handle as a package, or each restaurant does their own thing?  I'd save $60 if he is only $10 per meal.

2 hours ago, BrewerJoe said:

I have all of us (including 12YO) signed up for the 3-meal package.  Is that something that they would handle as a package, or each restaurant does their own thing?  I'd save $60 if he is only $10 per meal.

I don't really know, I was specifically told for the Ultimate/Unlimited plan not to buy for him and just pay the $10, so I would assume the 3 night package would be the same.

One issue you do have possibly is that when you get on the ship and confirm your reservation make sure and update the reservation to 3 people because you only show purchasing 2 dinner plans. This could affect the times that are possibly available for a 4 top, verses a 2 top.

With my Grandson we were on Liberty and the specialty dinning is typically not as busy as say an Oasis or Quantum class ship so plenty of times were available to me when I got on the ship.