Spectrum of the Seas - First Look (video link)

21 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I think I'd book this cruise for the food alone - holy smokes!!!! I'd buy a dining package and eat at Hot Pot every night.

Maybe we’ll get lucky and they’ll do an about face (Like NCL has with Joy) and being spectrum to the US in two years. 

If I’m going to fly to Southeast Asia don’t think I’m getting on a cruise ship. Too many cool beaches only a few hours flight away. 

Just now, Andrew72681 said:

Maybe we’ll get lucky and they’ll do an about face (Like NCL has with Joy) and being spectrum to the US in two years. 

If I’m going to fly to Southeast Asia don’t think I’m getting on a cruise ship. Too many cool beaches only a few hours flight away. 

Yeah, and then they'll change the restaurants for the American market. Ugh.

On 4/29/2019 at 10:49 AM, SpeedNoodles said:

I think I'd book this cruise for the food alone - holy smokes!!!! I'd buy a dining package and eat at Hot Pot every night.

They are not offering dining packages in the cruise planner ? I guess its due to the market they are serving , I can not even book most of the restaurants ahead of time , I heard that they might offer some packages on board.    

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

They are not offering dining packages in the cruise planner ? I guess its due to the market they are serving , I can not even book most of the restaurants ahead of time , I heard that they might offer some packages on board.    

Well that's no fun!  Will you be telling us all about your cruise (I hope!)?

1 minute ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Well that's no fun!  Will you be telling us all about your cruise (I hope!)?

I read on the other place that they offer some packages only to non Chinese people , but anyway there are so much other complimentary interesting food  so I am not sure I need a package. For sure we will try one or two special restaurants. I will try to have a live blog , trying to see if the internet will go down from 18! $ per day. I will also need to find a week or two between travels to have the Chinese Visa  (should be less than a week to get one).    

Just now, Traveler said:

I read on the other place that they offer some packages only to non Chinese people , but anyway there are so much other complimentary interesting food  so I am not sure I need a package. For sure we will try one or two special restaurants. I will try to have a live blog , trying to see if the internet will go down from 18! $ per day. I will also need to find a week or two between travels to have the Chinese Visa  (should be less than a week to get one).    

Well, whenever you're able to share with us will be appreciated!

27 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Well, whenever you're able to share with us will be appreciated!

Sure , In the worse case scenario I will have internet connection while in port (with the T mobile roaming program which works well on most of the places and should work in Japan) but I also think I will need to get the WIFI due work  (otherwise I will not be able to do 3 cruises in 5 month).

24 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Interesting...I am trying to wrap my head around the logistics of that.  What would the qualifier be? 

As I understand , first they are not publishing any packages in the cruise planner (well thy have not published anything in mine anyway).

From the other board , someone was sailing the Q of the seas on the same route , (I think @twangster  shared the useful link on another message) , she described that they were offered the packages and being explained that "special dining packages being offered to Westerners only" , but  I guess if someone ask to get this package they will still sell it to him , better wording might be  , "they are not offering it automatically to people who book  the cruise in China", sorry as English is not my first language .

Not sure how it is done , might know once I will be on this cruise.  Anyway there other different things once you are cruising out of China , for example you need to pay for some of the on ship activities that you do not usually pay . 

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Interesting...I am trying to wrap my head around the logistics of that.  What would the qualifier be? 

I’m guessing it’s geo-filtered like resident discounts (traveling in Texas today and when I checked prices there was a spot for Texas Resident Discounts) and like the Drinks included fares for the UK

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

For a cruise based in China they have apparently created dining offers for Westerners possibly based on their region of residence or appearance standing out as non-Chinese.  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2649752-quantum-in-asia-a-review/?do=findComment&comment=57147837

• "Not much later someone came around to explain the special dining packages being offered to Westerners only.  (I do actually think they had a different package for Chinese guests which included different items and a set meal at Izumi--though that is only a guess based on seeing lots of groups getting the exact same things at various places throughout the cruise)."