MDR Seating Request with another couple

Hi!  I know this was probably covered before, but what is best way to request to be seated wth another couple in the main dining room on Oasis?  Two of our good friends just booked the same cruise we are on, and we already made 745p reservations for each night.  Super excited they can come, just want to be sure re request the correct way, thanks!

10 hours ago, MoomooTravels said:

Hi!  I know this was probably covered before, but what is best way to request to be seated wth another couple in the main dining room on Oasis?  Two of our good friends just booked the same cruise we are on, and we already made 745p reservations for each night.  Super excited they can come, just want to be sure re request the correct way, thanks!

10 hours ago, hayley_bopp said:

I'm interested in this as we will be in  the same situation on our upcoming cruise 

1. Email your request to rcldining@rccl.com   Include both reservation numbers, ship and sail date. Also mention if you want a table specifically for 4 people (or however many). Note that they usually do not start dining room setup plans until about 50 days before sail date. However, send your email now. They will reply saying to contact them again at the later date, but now you will have a contact name.

2. You can also call customer service at 800-526-9723 and have them note your reservation.

3. A third way is to contact RCL through Facebook Messenger--they usually reply within a few minutes.

4. Another thing to keep in mind is that if one or either of your cruise reservations were made through a travel agent, I believe that the agent has to handle this type of change for you... hopefully others here can confirm if that is true or not. But email them anyway--nothing to lose by trying.

AND, welcome back @hayley_bopp..we missed you!!

I hope it all works out for you, good luck and happy sailing.

25 minutes ago, hayley_bopp said:

Thanks! It's good to be back ☺️

We're doing MTD - will it be possible for us to just link the reservations in the cruiseplanner as I would if booking specialty dining or an excursion?

Our last few cruises have all been MDR and some specialty restaurants. Not having done MTD, I cannot answer that question. Hopefully someone else knows and will reply. 

13 hours ago, hayley_bopp said:

Thanks! It's good to be back ☺️

We're doing MTD - will it be possible for us to just link the reservations in the cruiseplanner as I would if booking specialty dining or an excursion?

I believe you have to link the reservations through either your travel agent(s) or Royal (whoever you made the reservations with - at least we did. For instance, our friends booked directly with Royal long after we booked, so they called Royal and gave them our reservation number - then we had to contact OUR travel agent and give them our friends' reservation number - then we were linked).  Then we just went into the cruise planner and were able to add them to our MTD reservations (as well as when we booked our shows).  When I tried to just add them in the cruise planner prior to linking it just wouldn't do it (others have said they had other results, but this is our experience).

10 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I believe you have to link the reservations through either your travel agent(s) or Royal (whoever you made the reservations with - at least we did. For instance, our friends booked directly with Royal long after we booked, so they called Royal and gave them our reservation number - then we had to contact OUR travel agent and give them our friends' reservation number - then we were linked).  Then we just went into the cruise planner and were able to add them to our MTD reservations (as well as when we booked our shows).  When I tried to just add them in the cruise planner prior to linking it just wouldn't do it (others have said they had other results, but this is our experience).

This is how it worked for me also, but I haven't linked dinner reservations in a long time.